TV fall line up (new shows)

ok, so what are y'all fans of?

I really liked Smith but I'll be damned, it was cancelled after 3 episodes, sorry to see that go. I'm a HUGE fan of Studio 60 on the Sunset strip because I think the writing in it is great, now I'm pretty sure I'm hooked on The Nine so it's going to be a crazy fall, thank god for DVR

for the record these are my "must watch" shows still in production (in no order)

Simpsons
Family guy
Survivor
Studio 60
The Nine
Lost
Prison Break
Amazing Race

I know I'm likely missing one or two. I've also been known to watch America's next top model and project runway with my wife. Laugh as you may, there are some lovely women in those shows :o

Comments

• Your list is pretty similiar to mine. Nice to hear there are other people that has taken a liking to Studio 60. JohnnieH is also a big fan of that show.

I've gotten hooked onto Survivor again as a result of living with a reality junkie :D. My list consists of:

Amazing Race
    Prison Break
    Greys Anatomy
    Simpsons
    Family Guy
    Survivor
    Studio 60

Will need to catch up on:
    Lost

There are other shows that I would watch once in awhile when its on, but they're not a must so I won't include those on the list.
  • westside8 wrote: »
    JohnnieH is also a big fan of that show.

Thanks to my wife for that one. I used to play online while she watched it, but now I turn off my PC, and join her on the couch.

My "must see" shows.

Studio 60- You don't see a sitcom actor shed a memorable character that often, but Matthew Perry seems to have killed Chandler Bing. Also great idea behind the show and solid writing.

The Simpsons- I"m going to watch this show until the day I die. It'll probally still be in production then, too. #1 Sitcom of All Time

Rick Steves Europe- Great travel info show on PBS-W. It's made my planning for a Europe trip so much easier!

The Sopranos- It's just heroin that I inject through my eyes and ears. Gawd I love this show!

The Office (American) Just LOL funny. Steve Carell is a genius. Yes, I've seen the BBC version (and liked it), but I like the American show more.

Holmes on Homes- Reno shows are cool. Mike Holmes is a god.

Chef at Large/Chef at Home- Cooking shows are also cool. Micheal Smith is also a god.
  • here's my list:

simpsons
    family guy
    greys anatomy
    the war at home
    ENTOURAGE - i'm surprised that's not on your guys lists
    prison break
    amazing race
    as much NFL football as is humanly possible
    as much NHL hockey as is humanly possible
    soon as much NBA basketball as is humanly possible

oh and i almost forgot, mind you this is a little embarassing, the OC
  • yikes, I forgot to add Sopranos and shows like "Flip this house", "Flip that house" and all those flippin' shows.
  • Simpsons
    Family guy
    Survivor
    Lost
    Survivorman (oln..that guy is nuts)
    House

The HBO shows whenever I can
    Deadwood
    Sopranos
    Big Love (I'm surprised no one else picked this one up..I thought the polygamy alone would be enough to draw your attention)
  • Criminal Mind!!
  • Good choices all
    I too have started to like Studio 60 on the Sunset strip. But I hear it's on a course for cancellation.
    Heros The one on Mondays on nbc is good too. great potential.
    Jericho is another great one
    If you like mysteries then check out Veronica Mars season 3 is on sun tv on tuesdays at 9 pm.

But finally the best show on tv has to be Battlestar Galactica. Now i know what alot of you are thinking disco balls and dirk benedict but no im talking about the new re imagined show. If you have not seen this show get the mini series its great. its on season 3 now and just keeps getting better. And for you non sci fi fans out there i have been able to get my anti sci fi girlfriend to love this show.
  • Man....

Simpsons still making everyone's list? I haven't found it funny in like 8 years now... :)

I don't watch a lot of t.v., there's only 2 shows a week I watch 100%

1. Monday Night Raw
    2. Thursday night IMPACT

Occasionally

1. Friday night Smackdown
    2. South Park

Though, I do watch tonnes of movies

Mark
  • riverm2lj wrote: »
    Good choices all
    But finally the best show on tv has to be Battlestar Galactica. Now i know what alot of you are thinking disco balls and dirk benedict but no im talking about the new re imagined show.

Good Call!!! Watching this new series religiously, much better than the original. And I really enjoy the background they're building on Baltor.
  • What time/channel is Studio 60 on?

Here's my 100% list:
    CSI Las Vegas
    NBA (Mostly when the Raptors play - huge bball fan)

Soon to be 24. I still have to catch up on Season 5 because I missed the first two episodes so didn't bother watching the season. I'll have to watch the dvd. 3 days straight of 24!

And I'll watch these when they're on:
    CSI Miami
    Myth Busters
    Friends repeat
    Inked
    Dog the Bounty Hunter
    Chef Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares

There's definitely a few more, but these ones come to mind I've seen recently.
  • Heroes is my new favorite show.....I just love it.

I also like Lost, Amazing Race, Survivor, The Unit and Stargate.

I have a PVR and I just record almost everything and then watching them back at different time
  • My must see:

Dirty Jobs on Discovery, after watching some of the things this guy does my job doesn't see seem so bad :)
    Holmes on Holmes -- destroying things woo hoo
    CSI (the original)
    Lost
    Amazing Race
    and of course any poker show thats on at the time.
  • garryc wrote: »
    Holmes on Holmes -- destroying things woo hoo

That's a really good show but it scares the crap out of me when ever I watch it. After watching that show I always get worried that something in my house is seriously screwed up.
  • I know what you mean, we are renovating the baseement right now and when we pulled everything out I kept saying "Its a good thing Mike isn't here to see this"

Its pretty scary sometimes what people think is "safe"
  • No one has mentioned Dexter, Vanished, Weeds and Nip/Tuck ........ all really good. Worth downloading if you've missed it from the beginning.
  • TiMSuM wrote: »
    And I'll watch these when they're on:
    CSI Miami
    Myth Busters

good calls,

"I reject your reality and substitute my own"

and is there anything better than watching David Caruso "tough talk a dead body"? I've actually turned to the show even when I had no intentions of watching the whole thing to see the classic {flips off shades} one liner {cue theme song}
  • i only really like CSI las vegas... miami and NY are just not as good...
  • its the cheese that makes Miami so much fun to watch.
  • I totally forgot my favorite show, RESUE ME! Denis Leary is THE MAN!

riverm2lj, I read this week that Studio 60's ratings generally ok, but they score high in the '24-35' age group. This should keep the show on the air at least until the end of Season 1.

Johnnie
  • My GOD PEOPLE!

Watch "The Wire". It is the best show out there. I have all 3 seasons on DVD and the fourth one is on TMN (in Ontario) every Sunday at 10:00.

Others:
    The Nine
    Lost
    Deadwood
    Scrubs
    Inked

I've tried to like but am having trouble:
    Studio 60 - It seems to me that Aaron Sorkin is just too damn smug. Reality TV is the devil. I get it. Do you need to have so much hate for it?
  • thats good to hear about Studio 60.

I did forget to mention Lost which is the best mainstream show on tv today. the problem with it is that its not accessible to new viewers you have to watch season 1 and season 2 to understand whats going on, but i would say that it is worth the time to watch season 1, probably the greatest character show on tv today.

I also like 24 but i think it might fall into the same rutt as most 5+ tv shows where to go now? i mean how many really crappy days can Jack Bauer have? although last seasons finale of Jack getting taken by the chinese is a great way to end a season.
  • The wife is a HUGE Stargate fan, guess I am as well, but I havent' been following it since Jack left the show, and now they're cancelling it after 10 seasons.
  • My Must-sees:

The Office
    Survivor
    Family Guy
    The Simpsons

Will watch if I catch them on while I have nothing better to do:

My Name is Earl
    Two and a Half Men
    Mythbusters
    30 Rock
    Playoff Baseball, Basketball, Hockey
    PGA and European Tour Golf (yes, I watch golf on tv)
  • The Simpsons
    Family Guy
    Friends
    House
    Mythbusters
    Lost
    The Office (but I can't stand the British one)
    CSI (original is best, Miami is second best, NY sucks)
    24 (great show to watch when you should be studying)

Ones I haven't seen mentioned:

That 70s Show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Rescue Me <- LOVE this show
    Dead Like Me

/g2
  • Entourage - Kyle is correct this show is amazing, though no new eps this fall.
    House
    Family Guy
    South Park - not always good but the best ones are still hilarious

For some reason it takes a lot of convincing for me to start watching a new tv show, so that's about it right now.
  • Studio 60 is being cancelled. I figure the writing is too smart for most of the American general public...not enough boobies and explosions to hold their short attention spans.

Yes. I'm bitter.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,226092,00.html
  • sloth wrote: »
    Studio 60 is being cancelled. I figure the writing is too smart for most of the American general public...not enough boobies and explosions to hold their short attention spans.

Yes. I'm bitter.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,226092,00.html

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

I don't trust anything that comes out of Foxnews, but I guess time will tell.
  • SirWatts wrote: »
    Entourage - Kyle is correct this show is amazing, though no new eps this fall.

thank you mike! lol i'm surprised there aren't more people that are watching this show... i thought the new season (season 4) was starting on city at 10pm on thursdays?? i'll look into it.

nevermind it's season 2 they are showing... DAMN
  • I can't wait for The Shield to start up again.
  • I've been watching Dexter. It is really good.