Free money?

I downloaded a free poker ebook and it talked about how I could get free money to start without making a deposit. It also talked about building a bankroll with this free cash by something called "bonus whoring". I'm a newbie, has anyone else had any experience with this?

I can send you the ebook if you want.

Comments

• I'm a newbie, has anyone else had any experience with this?
    There are some sites that will give you a small amount free, then you just need to clear a certain number of hands in order to have it released to you. The key to this strategy is that you won't be starting with a proper bankroll, so you have no room for error/variance - you must keep winning or you're bust.

Personally, I started my bankroll from nothing. I won a free roll which gave me $40 (thanks Lou!), and built from there. It's annoying early when you have to either play micro-limits or risk not having the safety net of a proper bankroll (or do both ;) ). The flip side is that it's nice to be able to say you've never made a deposit on line, and started from scratch.

Good luck!
  • beanie42 wrote: »
    The flip side is that it's nice to be able to say you've never made a deposit on line, and started from scratch.

I can say that! Special thanks to Magithighs and the Lucky Lou Poker Tour for making that happen. I have trippled my initial winnings by basically playing only on sites where I have a bonus and moving my money from site to site to take maximum advantage of those bonuses. Some sites were easier to clear than others.

I also must admit that I am at best a break-even player. The bonuses are where most of my "profit" came from. Frankly I don't have the time to devote to it, but if I did I am sure that I could improve my session results.

Two things that have really helped me:
    1. Dave Scharf's book; ABC poker is really all you can do at the low limits. Try to get too tricky and you just get called by junk and manage to lose to bizarre hands.
    2. Tight is Right! (Thanks Big E).
  • You should know better. It is his first post. He is obviously spamming. Try his website.

Pokerforum.ca roxors!
  • moose wrote: »
    You should know better. It is his first post. He is obviously spamming. Try his website.

Pokerforum.ca roxors!

Yeah, I know, but was still looking for a chance to brag. I took all the doomsday warnings to heart and cashed out most of it.

I can't decide how to spend the money however. I keep thinking TV but I don't like the prospects of little sticky hands (baby will be walking soon) all over the screen. Barbed wire seemed a little extreme.

Vacation would be good, but already have that planned and paid for.

Ohh, I smell a new poll thread ... brb.