Turbo S'N'G Final table hand analysis

Hey All

Here is a hand from a Turbo I played this morning. Can I get your opinion on my play.
My thinking is I am 5/6 and out of the money and only have 4X BB and dont want to get blinded out. With the Min Raise in front of me I am thinking I might be able to steal a nice bit of chips. I am out to lunch here or is my thought process correct
PokerStars Game #6664719814: Tournament #33881743, $15+$1 Hold'em No Limit - Level IX (300/600) - 2006/10/17 - 07:11:52 (ET)
Table '33881743 1' 9-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: balintawa (5310 in chips)
Seat 2: korn999 (2370 in chips)
Seat 4: bergcowboy8 (3130 in chips)
Seat 5: Addict715 (1460 in chips)
Seat 7: stag10 (12120 in chips)
Seat 9: slytime (2610 in chips)
balintawa: posts the ante 50
korn999: posts the ante 50
bergcowboy8: posts the ante 50
Addict715: posts the ante 50
stag10: posts the ante 50
slytime: posts the ante 50
stag10: posts small blind 300
slytime: posts big blind 600
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to korn999 [Ah 2d]
balintawa: raises 600 to 1200
korn999: raises 1120 to 2320 and is all-in

Comments

• He's never folding here because your reraise is waaaay too small and A2 is in bad shape against the hands he's raising here. Just fold and push any 2 cards from UTG or something. How many spots pay?
  • Thanks SirWatts...4 spots pay in this S'N'G so I guess I could of waited it out but I hate getting blinded out.
  • SirWatts what range of hands would you put this guy on anyway?
  • I would have to fold the A-2. If it was folded around to me then I would push, but with the amount of chips you have you are going to be called and the only good card you have is the Ace and that is if he has a hand like K-9. If he has A-Rag you are in trouble.

With action before you need to make sure you hand is slightly stronger, A-Face range or medium pockets.

With no action before me I would push with any Ace, any two face cards, any pair, and any medium suited connectors.
  • Well it depends on the player what is he true range is but he proably has something like A9-AK, 55-AA. KQ-KJ and that's fairly loose, a lot of players will be even tighter. I don't know if the fact that he's minraising is significant. Maybe he's looking to give himself room to fold against an all-in from a big stack or maybe he's "trapping" with a monster. But regardless even his weaker hands like AT or AJ have you dominated. Once in a while you might be lucky and run into KQ or KJ but usually he has you dominated (not to mention the 4 people acting behind you). On that short a stack the most important thing is to be the first person in the pot, even with a weaker hand, unless you happen to wake up with a big hand.
  • Cool thanks for the reply and the analysis. Well I was thinking the min raise put him on something like KQ, KJ maybe even QJ. If you care he had JJ and I flopped 2 pair A2 :) However I guess the poker gods had to sort out the fact that I should lose and he hit his trip Jack on the River. But not really worried about that I just wanted to know how you would play in this situation so again thanks for the analysis
  • fatboy wrote: »
    Cool thanks for the reply and the analysis. Well I was thinking the min raise put him on something like KQ, KJ maybe even QJ. If you care he had JJ and I flopped 2 pair A2 :) However I guess the poker gods had to sort out the fact that I should lose and he hit his trip Jack on the River. But not really worried about that I just wanted to know how you would play in this situation so again thanks for the analysis
    Almost pulled off "The Mario".

This hand should have been an auto-fold. Next hand UTG you should be pushing with almost anything. The BB will have a tough time calling since your stack is a significant portion of his (unless he wakes up with a hand).

/g2
  • Fold. You're crushed.

Ryan