Turbo S'n'Gs on Stars

Hey All,

Anyone have any tips on playing Turbo S'N'Gs on Stars. Is it better to play higher levels or how much does your strategy/starting hands change. Do you try and get in early with a wider range or do you try and play premium hands only and try to let the other players bust.

Any tips would be great!

Thanks
Fatboy

Comments

• PLO8 $4 turbos are crack.

To answer your actual question, happily take any coin-flips and make the pot-odds preflop all-ins calls with junk.
  • This is not good advice.

Taking coinflips level 1/2 is a disaster if you're a good player and know when to push and when not to late, when all the money is made in these tournaments.

You should be playing incredibly tight early and "pushbotting" late in the tournament, when the blinds get high.

Buy SNGPT if you're going to play these tournaments regularly. You'd be surprised how much you learn from the program.

Find a site to post hands on for other players to review. I'm thinking of one in particular but I won't mention it here, out of respect.

Ryan
  • This is not good advice.

Neither is yours. Tomato Tomato lets call the whole thing off.
    Taking coinflips level 1/2 is a disaster if you're a good player and know when to push and when not to late, when all the money is made in these tournaments.

You should be playing incredibly tight early and "pushbotting" late in the tournament, when the blinds get high.

Blech. Your strategy only works against weak-tight players who won't call you when they have pot-odds. You also forget that you need actual chips in order for your push to be effective.

You've got like 40-50 hands to play before yer busting out forced in a blind. How can you think that rejecting coin-flips will get you anywhere? 1) you double up and have chips or 2) you bust and you start a new one.

I'll bet you've won like maybe 6 of these things in a row and think you are the next coming of poker god. I've got news for you, you wont always get delt aces.
    Buy SNGPT

Oh even better, you can't actually beat them on your own.

LOL
  • Actually,

I have played thousands of 114/225 Turbo sit and gos on Pokerstars, where I'm a Supernova member. I have won a lot of money doing so. All of the best sit and go players in the world would agree that my advice is sound. I'm obviously not talking about pushbotting when you have 1200 chips and the blinds are 400/800 where the person is clearly going to have pot odds to call - come on, use a little bit of common sense. I'm talking about the levels such as 75/150 where you commonly have around 8x BB and it's folded to you in late position or the SB.

The reason you should avoid coinflips is because of ICM calculations, which you need to read up about on the internet. Top 3 get paid in a SNG, which is a much higher percentage than an MTT. Therefore, it's good to avoid these situations early, especially if you're good. If you're a below average player, then coinflip away. 40-50 hands is a ton, by the way. If you double up even once early and once late, you're probably going to make the money.

By the way, you clearly don't even know what SNGPT is. You don't use it while you're playing. It's a tool to learn push and call ranges and a valuable one at that.

So next time, at least do some research before cutting someone up who you don't even know.

Ryan
  • Ya Ryan's advice is basically right. I occasionally play some of these from the 60s-225s (I knew I recognized your sn from somewhere ryan). I dont have SNGPT and I haven't spent the time studying ICM calculations I prboably should but I think I have a pretty good idea of when to push, mostly from playing MTTs and applying some common sense to how the bubble changes strategy. These things are pretty fun though and the strategy is really not very complicated (compared to some other types of games anyways).