Two hands from different perspective

$0.5/$1 NL 6max

Player 1 has around $40 . Table image this player is that he/she is loose a aggressive player who likes to pick up "unwanted" pots, or pots which he believe his oppoent missed the board and simply have overcards
Player 2 has $90. Table image of this player is that he/she is generally pretty tight with his/her starting hand requirements, and tends to overvalue draws.

Player 1 is in the SB with player 2 in the BB.

Player in MP raises to $3, called by CO, SB raises to $10, BB flat calls and both MP and CO calls. ($40) in the pot.

Flop 10 6 2 (2 spades)

Player 1 insta-pushes in for his last $30. Player 2 isolates by re-raising to $60. Both MP and CO folds.

What range of hands would you put player 1 and player 2 on?

Answers to come later and part 2 will be: do you agree with his/her plays.

Comments

• Range for player 1: I probably put player 1 on a wide range here JJ-AA, AT, any spade draw, maybe AK or AQ depends how loose this guy is with his postflop stealing

Range for player 2: I wish you had included the suit of each flop card... cause i could see player 2 doing this with a hand like ATs (if that's possible, like if the 10 on the board isn't the Ts) anyway, ATs if possible would be in my range... also AA-TT, 66 maybe, but unlikely considering the tight preflop hand selection.
  • I don't think player 1 had $70 pre-flop but I may have misread your post.

I put player 1 on any 2 cards. His re-raise was so small he had to know he was getting called. So I'd interpret that to be a pot-building raise. A TAG I might put on AA or KK here but not a LAG. He's looking for an innocent flop to make a move. Given the flop without a lot of draws, he could be making an almost pot-sized bet to chase everyone out since they likely did not hit.

I put player 2 on JJ or 2 big suited spades. I don't know why he'd raise on the flop without pushing. He doesn't not have enough chips left for an effective bet on the turn or river.

I'm curious what the other 2 called the re-raise pre-flop with???
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    I don't think player 1 had $70 pre-flop but I may have misread your post.

You are right. It was a simple typo of typing $70 instead of $40.
    specialK wrote: »
    Range for player 2: I wish you had included the suit of each flop card... cause i could see player 2 doing this with a hand like ATs (if that's possible, like if the 10 on the board isn't the Ts) anyway, ATs if possible would be in my range... also AA-TT, 66 maybe, but unlikely considering the tight preflop hand selection.

It was 10 2 of spades, 6 of clubs.
  • to my range for player 2 i would like to add AKs AQs