Bonus chasing VS Fishy sites

I know a few people have mentioned you should never be playing unless you get rake back or are bonus chasing. But certain sites that I can't get rake back and have few bonus's seem to be my best sites for making money. Others that I chase bonus's or have rakeback at seem to be break even or a little better. I"m beginning to think I'm better playing where I can make the most money regardless of rakeback or bonus hunting.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Comments

• A lot of it I'm sure has to do with confidence and comfort level with the software.

I found Titan tremendously profitable but I hate their CS and dislike the software so I have never gone back and don't plan to.

Many people hate Ongame. I'm still ticked at Pokerroom. The software, especially lately seems to be locking up a lot. But I just like the network. I play Hollywood for the rakeback and reloads and have found myself going back to PR everytime I can catch a reload. Right now I am 50% of my way to earning $1000 bonus + IPOD Nano at HP and I seem to be pulling about $500 a week out of there. However a few more nights of missing ring games because there software is locked up again and I will have to rethink and maybe I will move on to somewhere else.

What places are the fishy sites for you?
  • I actually love playing at poker.com except for the fact there isn't enough traffic. SNG's there used to be hugely profitable however they have all but dried up. Your lucky if there is 1-2 full table at either 1/2 or 2/4. They 4/8 shorthanded shows up occassionally and I seem to kill it.

Been having a rough time at full contact poker clearing a bonus as it seems there is one everytime chasing down his 1 over and his gutshot and killing me. The other night my pair of kings got cracked and my pair of q's got cracked when my card showed up giving Mr. Gutshot his straight. I think table selection there is the key. If I find the players I"ve got marked out and play there it's almost like an ATM.

Tribeca sites are good, but they chase but don't seem to hit as often as the on game guys. So I do well there. I hated 9.com so I don't play there.

I rarely play at party or stars and still like Paradise but they haven't offered a reload in a while so I've only been there to play the niagara sat's.
  • moose wrote: »
    A
    Right now I am 50% of my way to earning $1000 bonus + IPOD Nano at HP and I seem to be pulling about $500 a week out of there. However a few more nights of missing ring games because there software is locked up again and I will have to rethink and maybe I will move on to somewhere else.

How long do you have to clear the bonus and does it clear in one lump sum or in increments? What stakes are you playing to clear the bonus? I may look at it once I finish my full contact bonus by the end of this week.
  • 60 days to clear. Clears in $50 increments. It is the std. welcome bonus but they also offer it from time to time as a reload (2nd time since I signed up in May).

Mostly 60% 3/6 sh and 40% 5/10 sh but some full ring and some 2/4 sh. 3/4 tabling. Honestly I can't believe how bad the 5/10 sh players are. Rarely do I run into TAGs on these tables. Mostly LAGs and LAP/LPP. Seriously 70%/2%/0.8/40% or 65%/20%/5/35% is so typical.
  • I think i"m suffering from poker room skin freeze up. the 2 tables I"m at are done and it keeps freezing up and kicking me out. It's pretty annoying when I need 200 points to clear my bonus.....grrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Ya PR's software has been utter shit lately (worse than normal, which is typically not great to begin with). If they didn't offer constant reloads, I probably wouldn't be playing there. The games aren't "great" IMO (although I'd definitely agree with moose that the 5-10 lately has been much softer than the 3-6). In general I find Party's game's looser, but the downside is they're much more aggressive. Party is probably more profitable, higher variance (and potentially more tilt inducing). I'm not sure which game I prefer better a tighter but much more passive game, or the wild TAG/LAG Party games... Obvious benefits and downsides to both...
  • Typical opponents I had today on the $5/10 sh

88%/0%/0.52/71%
    62%/14%/0.6/56%

These guys play $5/10. I love it.

Although the $3k Gold tourney froze today on PR. It was PLO this week. :(
  • I'm not sure I could take the swings of 5/10 short handed. The little bit of 4/8 shorthanded I've done well on but the swings were wild. Even 1/2 and 2/4 short can go crazy and I've hit tables of 6 where it gets capped quite often. Maybe one day I'll get to that point where I can play it regularly
  • Don't ask me why but if I play full ring $5/10 I buy in for $200 because I find it harder to be profitable on those tables. The $5/10 sh is so loose passive, I buy in for $100 and rarely get felted. I think a lot has to do with table selection. Whatever # of full tables are running, there usually 2x sh tables going, so there is more chance of finding a good table.
  • More than halfway to my IPOD now with just over 5 weeks left to clear.