Just in time for "Itsame" Mario's birthday.. check this out all.

Well, you're going to need plenty of warning, so I figure two months is a lot...

This site requires that you have PowerPoint because animated gif making is a PITA - no, not a tasty after-bar meal

www.roblegood.com/Mark.ppt

Thanks to Rob for web-hosting, and let's see who's interested!!

CURRENT PARTICIPANTS

Olympic (drinking) bracket

1. "Itsame" Mario
2. "DrTyore" Mark
3. "Pinhead" Brad
4. "BigE" Eric
5. "Hobbes" Ron
6. "JohnnieH" Johnnie
7. "PSI" WTF is PSI?
8. "Waterlooser" Adam*
9. "g2" Greg*
10. "Westside" Wes*
11. "Pokerfancy" Marjiolijn*
12. The forum member formerly known as "TwoThree" Braad

Demonstration (sober) bracket

Comments

• Mark, you have too much time on your hands.

Sign me up! but I can't confirm 100% until I know my exam schedule (not for a couple weeks yet)

/g2
  • SIGN ME UP FOR THE DRINKING BRACKET

And for the record, that's the weekend after my bday too,
    but I already refuse to go drink for drink with Mario
  • Pinhead wrote:
    SIGN ME UP FOR THE DRINKING BRACKET

And for the record, that's the weekend after my bday too,
    but I already refuse to go drink for drink with Mario

Come on brad its an Olympic a event you have to give it your all. lol
  • Hmm, I miss the last slide.

But if this somehow has Drinking + something to do with Mario, it sounds epic!

Need more info !
  • Count me in...

Hopefully Horseshoes ain't a winter event....I'd freeze to death :D

Hobbes
  • Hey all

Just to fill out some details / remind people, what we do is:

5 events of tremendous physical demands (last time was darts, bowling, pool, horseshoes, and poker)
    $20 entry fee
    Top three pay

NEW FOR WINTER OLYMPICS

Olympic bracket (drinkers)
    Demonstration events (non-drinkers)

We're offering the various couches / beds we have available, but if last time was any indication, anyone in the Olympic bracket either has a friend in the Demonstration events, or bring some inflateable beds for yourselves!

I'll be figuring out the event list soon, which will dictate the location of the event - stay tuned!!

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote:
    We're offering the various couches / beds we have available, but if last time was any indication, anyone in the Olympic bracket either has a friend in the Demonstration events, or bring some inflateable beds for yourselves!

Or you can pass out on the couch during the side games. Only the host has the right to pass out in his shower well after everybody else has crashed though.
  • Well, being that MY Birthday is the 8th...and I'm usually thirsty come Birthday time.....

I am SO IN!!!!!

...oh yeah, I also have a Lazy Man Silver Medal to defend!!!!
  • I'm in depending on what my exam schedule looks like...
  • DrTyore wrote:
      We're offering the various couches / beds we have available
    Is the shower already spoken for?

/g2
  • g2 wrote:
    DrTyore wrote:

/g2

This would be a lot funnier if it wasn't mentioned a few posts up. Thanks for coming out.
  • Pinhead wrote:
    g2 wrote:
    DrTyore wrote:

/g2

This would be a lot funnier if it wasn't mentioned a few posts up. Thanks for coming out.
    Kiss my ass Pinhead... I read that post, I just thought it deserved to be brought up with a joke that was actually funny ;)

By the way... was the shower running the whole time he was passed out? That would be classic.

/g2
  • g2 wrote:
    Pinhead wrote:
    g2 wrote:
    DrTyore wrote:

/g2

Kiss my ass Pinhead... I read that post, I just thought it deserved to be brought up with a joke that was actually funny ;)

By the way... was the shower running the whole time he was passed out? That would be classic.

/g2

Official answer: "I can't remember"

but... Dave didn't kill me or charge me an extra $900 for the water bill that month, so... probably not

Mark
  • Haha I have no clue. Mostly because I had already passed out well before Mark got near the shower.
    Looks like this is shaping up to fuse the grudge match with the lazy man's olmypics ;)
  • Add me to the Olympic Bracket.
    The wife can drive me home again.

Hobbes
  • g2 wrote:
    By the way... was the shower running the whole time he was passed out?  That would be classic.

/g2

What was really sad was the fact that the passed out MF in the shower outlasted me in the final SNG we played......and Zithal won the thing after playing at least 8 hands literally passed out face down before he caught his second wind (from drinking himself sober as did myself and Mario).

That sure tells me how bad I suck!

But I came out ahead in the end, I think I got an one more slice of Pepi's then all of them!!!
  • I'm in, as long as no sober, food-mouching ringers show up this time.

Seriously Mark, keep it in the family.

Johnnie
  • JohnnieH wrote:
    I'm in, as long as no sober, food-mouching ringers show up this time.

Johnnie

Anyone who brings their own glove, darts, or any event related paraphernalia should be immediately disqualified.....however, whoever brings their hot girlfriend to cheerlead should get 10 bonus points!
  • Big E wrote:
    JohnnieH wrote:
    I'm in, as long as no sober, food-mouching ringers show up this time.

Johnnie

Anyone who brings their own glove, darts, or any event related paraphernalia should be immediately disqualified.....however, whoever brings their hot girlfriend to cheerlead should get 10 bonus points!

Sweet.. mine lives there, so she HAS to come home... I get 10 points

Markl
  • DrTyore wrote:
    Sweet.. mine lives there, so she HAS to come home... I get 10 points

Markl

-15 for using the toilet as a pillow tho my friend!
  • Keep an eye on this post, as we'll be revealing some of the events, and then having a poll for some of the ones I'm not 100% sure on. Also, some rules this time around!!

1. Any "Olympic Bracket" Participant needs to be consuming alcohol during their event on a fairly regular basis. This means that every participant in the Olympic bracket should be able to manage (at least) 2 or more drinks per event. This is to prevent any accusations of sobriety, or non-use of performance debilitating drugs.

2. Any "Demonstration Bracket" participant can drink whatever the hell they want.

3. If you break it, you buy it / replace it / have to let it heal for yourself

4. If you make a mess, you clean it

5. At least one couch is reserved for Mario (it is in honor of his b-day)

6. Each event will have sub rules.

7. Top three in each bracket pay, with the pot being divided 50/30/20 %

8. Given the fact that it's winter time, we'll order Pizza this time around, maybe this Pepi's thing I've heard of.

9. Any extra costs (bowling, Pepi's, poker side games) are our of your own pocket, not the $20 buy-in.

10. Keep fit, erm, play safe, ugh.... have fun!! :)

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote:
    9.  Any extra costs (bowling, Pepi's, poker side games) are our of your own pocket, not the $20 buy-in.
    You forgot the most important cost... BEER!!!!!!

/g2
  • g2 wrote:
    DrTyore wrote:
    9.  Any extra costs (bowling, Pepi's, poker side games) are our of your own pocket, not the $20 buy-in.

/g2

I assumed that people just intrinsically knew that... not to mention that the majority of the events will be at a home, and you'll have broght your own by then

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote:
    g2 wrote:
    DrTyore wrote:
    9. Any extra costs (bowling, Pepi's, poker side games) are our of your own pocket, not the $20 buy-in.

/g2

I assumed that people just intrinsically knew that... not to mention that the majority of the events will be at a home, and you'll have broght your own by then

Mark

mmm....team pitchers.....mmm
  • JohnnieH wrote:
    DrTyore wrote:
    g2 wrote:
    DrTyore wrote:

/g2

Mark
    mmm....team pitchers.....mmm
    Boston Pizza for SCHOONERZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!

/g2
  • OH
    MY
    GOD
    I
    AM
    IN
    :D
  • Oh for the love of god!

SIGN ME UP FOR THE DRINKING BRACKET

wooohoooo