10K PSO Freeroll at Poker Room.

Situatution

We are hand for hand on the bubble 41 remain out of 330 and 40 get paid.  Blinds are $500 and $1000.  I sit somewhere in the teens for placement with a stack of $9000.  Play has tightened up for the last circuit since we have gone hand for hand.

Folds to me in the cut off and I wake up with  :ac :qc and I bump to $3000.  I like my hand and I am willing to release if re-popped by the SB (he is the only one who has me covered by $200).

SB who I perceive as tight calls for $2500 and the rest fold.

Flop is  :ad :kd :qd and SB pushes instantly.

What is your read and more importantly What do you do here?

Comments

• definite call - there're 7k chips on the table, u have 6k back. Expect him to have the T or J of diamonds and one of the other aces.. insta pushing is a good tell that he doesnt have the nuts yet so just hope you're hand holds up. You're probably only small favorite, the pot odds are huge and I hope you're playing for 1st and not 40th
  • With that stack, you shoulda pushed pre-flop.

Don't think you can fold it now even though odds are good you are behind or your opponent has a ton of outs to beat you.
  • 10k??!?! What the hell was first, and what was 40th.

Prolly somthing like A + flush draw/straight draw. You are still leading and should call. Did he have you covered? (how was 9k in the teens with 500 1000 blinds?!)
  • 10k??!?! What the hell was first, and what was 40th.

Prolly somthing like A + flush draw/straight draw. You are still leading and should call. Did he have you covered? (how was 9k in the teens with 500 1000 blinds?!)

$2500 for first and squeeking into the money nets a whopping $60.

330 player X 1500T = 495,000T divide by 41 and your avg. stack is 12,073. top 3 were 25,000 ish. Lots a stax in the 2-5 range.
  • cadillac wrote:
    10k??!?! What the hell was first, and what was 40th.

$2500 for first and squeeking into the money nets a whopping $60.

330 player X 1500T = 495,000T divide by 41 and your avg. stack is 12,073. top 3 were 25,000 ish.  Lots a stax in the 2-5 range.

Play for first! Auto call.
  • My thoughts after taking the time to really deliberate this one is that maybe pkrfce9 is on the money with a pre-flop push.

1. It takes the guess work out of things
    2. I get first in Vig
    3. $1500 in blinds and antes is nearly 20% of my stack so they are worth going after
    4. Puts the pressure on everyone else

Personally I do have a bit of a hard time with this play and here’s why:

1.Â* I don’t want to place in this tournament I want to win!Â* Right now I need to build my stack in order to win this tourney and I want more than the blinds for a premium hand.Â* I want someone’s stack!

2.Â* A push here will only get called by hand that beats me or is a coin flip (A smaller bet may get some action from a weaker Ace.)
    3.Â* SB has me covered but barely (only by $200).Â* Button and BB have smaller stacks and if they push I have odds to call anyway with out putting my stack at risk to the SB (I am all-in without being all-in)
    4.Â* I would probably have folded to a push from the SB
    5.Â* I am capable of laying this hand down in the face of a scary flop
    6.Â* I am comfortable in my reads and ability to play post flop

When Villian pushed after the flop I thought:

He definately has a flush draw!
    AA or QQ is not likely at all.Â* Very unlikely that there is all 4 aces or queens are in play here.
    AK, KK would have pushed pre-flop. But he is behind now anyway.

No way did a tight player call of 25% of his stack with J10 or 2 medium to small hearts.

AJ, Ax, or KQ, KJ is likely and I’am going to double up here!

Have to call here!

FYI

He held 89D and I didn't get tight on the turn or the river!Â* Bubblicious!!!!!

I am still on the fence here. The small ball approach more suits my style!

Thanks for yor input!!

Caddy
  • He held 89H and I didn't get tight on the turn or the river!

I assume you meant 98d? Villains calling off 1/3 of his stack with 9 high is pretty damn comical. The only way I can begin to think this EVER might be a good play is if he's trying to stop N Go you on any flop (putting you on a weak steal). Although, the fact you put so much of your stack in preflop should make him think you're likely to call with any piece...