Best anti spyware program

I have some how managed to get some program on my computer that keeps spitting pop ups at me every 10 minutes.

It would appear I need an antispyware program but the options seem overwhelming. Can anyone recommend a good anti spyware program?

Cheers,
Steve

Comments

• I run a combination of 2.

First I do a full system scan with Ad Aware, then I run a full system scan with Spy Bot. Running both usually eliminates all problems, sure it takes a long time, but it's worth it in the end.
  • MDSGuy wrote:
    I run a combination of 2.

First I do a full system scan with Ad Aware, then I run a full system scan with Spy Bot. Running both usually eliminates all problems, sure it takes a long time, but it's worth it in the end.

This is exactly what I do and also have on every machine here at work, the combo works well. Norton corporate anti-virus version 9 and up also does a decent job on spy/malware.

I also have used SuperAntispyware, it's free and similar to Ad-Aware.
  • Hey Eric, have a look at the Grisoft product that I recommended above. It has bailed me out and saved me from several reloads in the past few weeks that I have been using it. Jeff...
  • compuease wrote:
    Hey Eric, have a look at the Grisoft product that I recommended above. It has bailed me out and saved me from several reloads in the past few weeks that I have been using it.  Jeff...

Thanks Jeff, I have used the Ewido product as well and I agree with you it works great...I was just too cheap to actually pay for anything and deleted it after abusing the 30-day trial a few times.... :D
  • Adaware and SpyBot both work well to remove spyware and other crap.  Use Spywareblaster (link below) to prevent it from ever being installed on your PC.  Ever since I started using this, Adaware very rarely finds anything it needs to remove.   Just download it, update it, then click on "enable all protection".   That takes about 4 seconds, then close it.  It runs in the background completely invisible, but blocks all that stuff from getting in.

sstar

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
    (proper link)
  • link didn't work
  • Thanks for all the replies.

The program from Grisoft worked great, I even got my homepage back!

Cheers,
    Steve
  • Since when did you become a fish with teeth jeff?  I guess he's back to the skating beaver again...... LOL
  • hockref wrote:
    Thanks for all the replies.

The program from Grisoft worked great, I even got my homepage back!

Cheers,
    Steve
    You're very welcome... And Joe, the avatar change was to razz Blondefish, see my post yesterday at..
    http://pokerforum.ca/forum/index.php?topic=11106.0

I have changed back to the industrious beaver....
  • Sorry Jeff with my busy schedule I didn't catch the blondefish in drag post. I'll pay more attention next time.
  • Sorry, that link I put in doesn't even look like the right one.  This should be it.

sstar

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
  • lol..i godda ask..what the hell were you looki...you know what..never mind!
    ;)