Negreanu vs Polk

MrCaspanMrCaspan Admin
edited August 2020 in General Poker Chat
They are finally going to battle it out!! I think we shoudl take some side bets on this game! I am rooting for Polk to be honest! Who is your money on?

Comments

• MrCaspanMrCaspan Admin
    edited August 2020
    Looks like the announcement is about to go out...

• For anyone that didn't get to see the video Polk posted before it was pulled from Youtube... this had me in tears:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/poker/comments/hyq9ej/doug_polks_infamous_negreanu_video/
  • MrCaspanMrCaspan Admin
    edited August 2020
    Awesome thanks for posting that Andrew! It was funny as hell the dildo gagging is the best!!
  • I'll wager $20 (to the first person to respond) that DNegs wins the first heads up match.
    I figures Polks is going to make it a best two out of three and win the final two rounds.
  • It's not best 2/3 or anything like that, it's a $200/$400 cash game heads up and they are playing between 10K to 25K of hand. I'm not sure if they will decide before game starts or during.
  • MrCaspan wrote: »
    It's not best 2/3 or anything like that, it's a $200/$400 cash game heads up and they are playing between 10K to 25K of hand. I'm not sure if they will decide before game starts or during.

My bad. There I go making bad beds against oddities that I don't fully understand. I still want to bet $20 on Dan Negreanu winning. Even if twitter is saying "this match will never happen"...

• Polk is a tournament player not a cash player so it will be interesting. Now Polk is a smart kid that knows how to learn also so I don't doubt he is getting a lot of training and he smart enough to pick it up quickly!
  • edited October 2020
    edit: Polk made a few bad calls/moves here

• edited October 2020
    I think DNegs has nothing to lose. If Polk wins, everyone will say that he clearly was already the better
    MrCaspan wrote: »
    Polk is a tournament player not a cash player so it will be interesting. Now Polk is a smart kid that knows how to learn also so I don't doubt he is getting a lot of training and he smart enough to pick it up quickly!

Did you mean DNegs is a tournament player? Polk literally destroyed HU NL online when he used to play. He was considered the best or at least one of the best. DNegs is the tournament player of the two.
  • Sorry yes have that backwards I know one of them was more the tournament player thought it was Polk
  • So if I bet $20 DNegs wins I'll potentially win $100 ?

[included a screenshot just in case he deletes the tweet]

x7eugm718df1.png
  • I think his poker pokershare odds are 4-1
    thisORthat
  • Seems like the games are started

• Steve, Daniel gave him a decent beating. Although it was mostly just the way the cards fell. Polk did have 2 very untimely bluffs that accounted for a large part of the $ 116,000 loss in the first 200 hands of live play.

I would think Polk would have a decent advantage during the online portion of this challenge.
    MrCaspan
  • Polk crushed him online. Something like $250K in 500 hands. This could get ugly fast.
    MrCaspan
  • DNegs was to open about his strategy during banter of live round. Polk was clearly asking probing question of DNegs reasons for plays. Was that Dnegs ego talking or was it big brain stratagem?
    I also couldn't find a stream without commentators talking over players. I'd've preferred to hear the Polk & Dnegs taking jabs at each other but they acted all buddy-buddy. Which is sus?

I've learned not to trust anybody being "nice" at the poker table... the old being friendly to build rapport? I miss live poker and all of the mud slinging.
  • GGPoker has a freeroll at the beginning of each of these
  • Another freeroll on GGPoker starts in five minutes. Today's password is duel.
  • Today's freeroll's password is "opener".
  • Where are you seeing this?
  • MrCaspan wrote: »
    Where are you seeing this?
    If you tune into the GGPoker youtube stream details are provided typically within first half an hour. Passwords seems to vary...
    [from tournaments tab--> click special & private--> click freerolls]

c70pev3m32ad.png
  • Today's password is "happy"... for five seats to WSOPC BIG 50 Day 1...
  • ?? So i did this and i cant register. Is it only for the first 5 players to get there?

hgr0uvnvzevd.png
  • Oh eh ah... I don't have a screenshot of it but they'll be a new line "GGPoker.TV Freeroll"
    I think there is another on at 7pm but it's a crap shoot with forced all-ins. The first one was actual poker but I guess the settings were changed.
  • Is it DNegs ego keeping him in _the game_ or what? In my humble uneducated opinion IRL [in real life] or a live game DNegs would have the advantage but maybe not so much online. Where his anger often gets the better or 'em?

zp84jxlftoiv.png
  • edited January 2021
    Today's freeroll password=happy playing for 4 $50 WSOP tournament tickets. Starts in less than five minutes.

edit#2: another on at 7pm psw=hour
  • Tonight's drama was DNegs getting called out for apparently heedlessly tanking. Possibly as a tactic to make Polk go tilt. The session was paused for half an hour to get a ruling from the arbitrator. I find this interesting because Polk was trolling DNegs hard about being 'lucky'. "All is fair in love and" poker?
    Or "revenge is a dish best served" with irony?
  • edited January 2021
    Polk called DNegs out for tanking trying to tilt him? Are you serious? Meanwhile, Polk is the biggest douche around who constantly tries to tilt opponents he hates with constant and obsessive trolling. I've lost respect for DNegs over the years, but he is still a WAY better person than Polk will ever be.
    thisORthat
  • Hmmm... I thought they agreed that no Real Time Assistance was allowed?