Best neteller replacement?

Welcome, grazzt.
You last visited: 04-17-2008 at 07:05 PM

Ok, guess I havent been here in a while...

Basically been out of the online poker scene since Neteller went kaboom for canadians.. Party sent me $10 free and Ive turned it into 350 (thinly disguised brag post?), but not entirely sure what to use to withdraw/transfer to other sites.

Is moneybookers now the choice of canadians? Or someone else?

Obviously looking for the one with the lowest fees and the ones that rip you off the least on exchange rates.

Thanks.

Comments

• grazzt wrote: »
    Welcome, grazzt.
    You last visited: 04-17-2008 at 07:05 PM
    sorry i can't help you with your question but at least i can assure you that you haven't missed anything
  • I use moneybookers. Just be sure to open one in US$.
  • Instadebit seems pretty good if you're on a site that uses it. I've used it on a couple of sites and it's gone very well.
  • I use Moneybookers all the time and they're great.
  • moneybookers vs click2pay vs instadebit
    moneybookers pro: can open in usd
    email you when there is transaction
    con: fcking useless since, if i click on money for gaming, credit card will reject.
    click2pay pro: can be credit card funds easy
    does not nail you with exchange rate when doing site to site transfer.
    debit card option available
    con: they don't reply email....they don't email you when things happening......etc
    instadebit pro: fast cashout from instadebit to bank acc't
    FREE solution
    con: they'll nail you with exchange rate
  • Any credit cards that actually allow withdraws as well (for more than the original deposit amount, obv.)? I thought I heard someone mention it...
  • Moneybookers for moving around between sites for sure, definitely in USD, then no fees. Never tried to deposit onto MB with credit card, (never needed to).. Thinly disuised brag.... so can't comment on that part... Withdrawing, typically I just have site send cheque.... Pokerstars is best at that. Not sure about Party as it has been a couple of years since I've had them send me a cheque as I rarely play there any more. You can however withdraw back to MB from there.
  • Now that I've mutliplied my credit card "investment" at PartyPoker last month by more than 30 times (yet another thinly disguised brag in this thread! ;) ), should I set up an account with Moneybookers if I want to sign up with other sites and do transfers? Do I open up a Moneybookers account first, transfer part of the cash from Party, sign up with Full Tilt and PokerStars, then make my initial deposits from Moneybookers ($600 and $50, respectively)?

Does Full Tilt or PokerStars offer free withdrawal by cheque? Party charges U$10 if I want a cheque or a wire transfer to my U$ bank account.
    compuease wrote: »
    Moneybookers for moving around between sites for sure, definitely in USD, then no fees. Never tried to deposit onto MB with credit card, (never needed to).. Thinly disuised brag.... so can't comment on that part... Withdrawing, typically I just have site send cheque.... Pokerstars is best at that. Not sure about Party as it has been a couple of years since I've had them send me a cheque as I rarely play there any more. You can however withdraw back to MB from there.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Now that I've mutliplied my credit card "investment" at PartyPoker last month by more than 30 times (yet another thinly disguised brag in this thread! ;) ), should I set up an account with Moneybookers if I want to sign up with other sites and do transfers? Do I open up a Moneybookers account first, transfer part of the cash from Party, sign up with Full Tilt and PokerStars, then make my initial deposits from Moneybookers ($600 and $50, respectively)?

Does Full Tilt or PokerStars offer free withdrawal by cheque? Party charges U$10 if I want a cheque or a wire transfer to my U$ bank account.
    I would definitely use MB to transfer funds around. The problem you may find is getting money onto MB first. I believe most of the sites only allow you to transfer money back to a "vehicle" you have used to put money on the site first. I recall when I first created a MB account after Neteller stopped supporting Canadians that's what I ran into. Not wanting to use my bank account, which I never do, I found that only Full Tilt (I think it was) would allow a withrawal back to MB without a deposit first. I pulled $50 back to MB and then used it to seed my other accounts with small deposits. Then I could withdraw whatever amounts I wanted to MB and move it to other sites at will... Works like a charm... If you don't have an easy way of getting some amount onto MB, let me know and I can do a transfer from my MB to yours to use as "seed" money. Then once you have it going you can just transfer the same amount back to me on one of my accounts.
  • Absolute haha allows transfers back to MB without having deposited by that method but most sites do not. Apparently Absolute could care less if you are money laundering. Shocking.

I did the same thing as Compuease suggests. Do a transfer between MB accounts with a friend and use it for seed money. Just be aware that there is a fee to transfer between personal accounts, so best to transfer the money back + fees via a poker site rather than be hit both ways.
  • Thanks for the offer. I'll contact you after I have found the time to set up a Moneybookers account.
    If you don't have an easy way of getting some amount onto MB, let me know and I can do a transfer from my MB to yours to use as "seed" money. Then once you have it going you can just transfer the same amount back to me on one of my accounts.
  • moose wrote: »
    I did the same thing as Compuease suggests. Do a transfer between MB accounts with a friend and use it for seed money. Just be aware that there is a fee to transfer between personal accounts, so best to transfer the money back + fees via a poker site rather than be hit both ways.
    Moose and I agreeing? Shocking! What is this world coming to .. lol.. Anytime Buddy, just say the word.. How much you need 50K? 100K?
  • compuease wrote: »
    How much you need 50K?
    I'll take your whole bankroll and gambool it all on black! ;)
  • I'm about to open a Moneybookers account. Just to be clear, should I choose US dollars as the currency instead of Canadian dollars? Do you have a referral ID for the Refer a Friend program so you can get 30% "rakeback" everytime I send money?

I am willing to transfer first to your PartyPoker account including the fee you pay for a U$650 transfer to my Moneybookers account. I'll try to phone you before my trip and exchange the necessary information.
    just say the word.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    I'm about to open a Moneybookers account. Just to be clear, should I choose US dollars as the currency instead of Canadian dollars? Do you have a referral ID for the Refer a Friend program so you can get 30% "rakeback" everytime I send money?

I am willing to transfer first to your PartyPoker account including the fee you pay for a U$650 transfer to my Moneybookers account. I'll try to phone you before my trip and exchange the necessary information.
    First of all I don't have $650. in my Moneybookers account, never leave that much on there... Most of my online role is on FT & PS... All you need is a small seed amount there that you can then move to Party, then you can withdraw as much as you want from Party to MB.. You don't need a large amount. $50. is plenty.... You can then ship me back the $50. on MB, or FT or PS... The fee is negligible. Once you have your money on MB you can use that to seed any other Poker sites... We can talk live about it if you like.. You have my cell I believe..
  • when adding a bank account to my moneybookers account should I add a $US account or a $CAN account?
  • SteveKerr wrote: »
    when adding a bank account to my moneybookers account should I add a $US account or a $CAN account?
    Now I've never added a bank account to my Moneybookers as I've never needed to but I would definitely would use a US account if I did. Otherwise you would pay exchange charges both ways when transferring to or from your CDN account to MB. That's the trick, minimize exchanges.