Advice for Player Notes

Hey all,

Just wondering what type of Notes players keep on people at the online sites. Are there shorthanded abbreivations you use to keep track of people, do you write down everyhand they show?

One thing I find lacking in current literature is how to take notes on people and what kind of things you should be looking for. If anyone has any advice around this, or a link to a good online resource, I'd love to hear it.

Rob.

Comments

• most of my notes consist of:

"this guy sucks"
    "watch out for this guy"
    "he's good"
    "I love this man"
    "smells like cabbage"
  • sloth wrote:
    "smells like cabbage"

Oh man, that's precious!
  • Mine are generally swear words, strung together in no particular order. ;)

Just kidding, although there are a lot of notes like that.

I usually write down a shorthanded version of a peculiar play if I see a player make one. I'd have to observe a player over a long period of time to draw conclusions about his play in general, but I find that noting one specific unusual hand just keeps me aware of the fact that he is *capable* of playing that well/poorly.

There are also some players that I've played with many times, where my notes are more general because I've observed them over a long period of time. These types of notes look like:

calling station
    any 2
    bets a draw the whole way regardless
    big bluffer
    weak tight
    SOLID

etc... etc...

Many players are capable of playing in different ways at different times, so I don't let the notes make my decisions for me. They do however help me if I'm in a close situation faced with a tough decision.

Regards,
    all_aces
  • yea, i do have the odd note like "overbets/won't lay down any flush draw" and "calls with any pair"
  • I write down the types of hands they limp in/raise with, how they play the flop with what they're holding, etc.