Funston.

I was watching the US Poker Championships or something and this guy got liek 80% of the air time. He was apparently tutored by Men the Master. Anyway know who I mean? Has he done anything to make a splash in the poker world?

Comments

• Are you talking about John D'Agostino or Toto Leonidas?
  • No,

John or Bob or something FUNSTON.
  • Lance. Lance Funston.
  • You must be confused with Lance Armstrong.
  • haddon wrote:
    You must be confused with Lance Armstrong.

Or...orrrrrr...maybe you have Google confused with [insert something funny here].
  • Well, here's something that he did that people noticed.  Link to the whole article at bottom.

sstar

Most Bizarre Moment of the Day

At one table, the flop produced three spades, one of which was the Ace. The first player to act bet out hard and one of the chip leaders, Lance Funston, who is quite a character to say the least, re-raised. His opponent then moved all-in.

After that bet, Funston looked around the table and said, “Can I ask a question,” to which most of the table said, “No,” fearing that it might be against the rules, depending on what he was about to ask.

Undeterred, Funston continued, “All I want to ask is what hand beats what.”

The collective jaws of the players dropped.

Funston continued, “I’m dead serious. I was up late last night and my head is fuzzy. Does a flush beat three-of-a-kind?”

At this point, the floor was called over and Funston asked the question again. The floor manager looked at him like he was crazy and responded, “Yes, I believe it does.”

At that, Funston called the all-in, showing a Queen high flush, knocking out his opponent, who had an eight high flush. Weird, weird, weird.

http://www.pokersourceonline.com/news.asp?poker=227
  • He was also betting in colours during that tournament as opposed to dollar amounts, ie. "I raise you 2 purples!"

It's got to be a ploy to get more action. And it obviously worked.
  • Him betting colours was funny. The whole table was doing it eventually.
    No one at the table could believe he asked the flush question. It was funny to watch the footage on TV. The annoucers were in shock.
  • There was one WPT event, final table last year where the one dude pulled a sheet out of his pocket and consulted. Either it was a hand sheet or odds of drawing out (my assumption as no one ever saw what it was). The announcers were going I've never seen this at this level of poker. Do you believe this? He ended up folding but it was funny to watch him pull out this paper and read it.

I know last year Steve Danneman (sp?) had a sheet with his rules on it as to how to play. He recited it a few times at the final table.
  • Asking what beats what is a good ploy to get a tell out of your opponent. At a home game I mean. I can't imagine he thought that would work at that level.