playing on pokerroom.com behind a router?

Does anyone know if it's possible? I would really like to check out their games, but I haven't been able to access their site since I hooked up a router...one time, I made it as far as their FAQ and thought I saw something on the topic, but I haven't been able to find it since.

Comments

• Did you get this?

•Connection Problems due to Firewall Issues

If you cannot connect to our game server through our webpage, nor through the downloaded Poker4 application, you could be behind a firewall. If you are behind a firewall, then you will have to configure the firewall to allow communications on our ports.

Below are all the current ports used by the games at PokerRoom.com

Texas Holdem v.3 - 2100
    Tournament(old) - 2300
    Tournament(old) single - 2310
    Tournament(old) multi - 2320
    Blackjack - 5000
    Baccarat - 5100
    Slots - 5300
    Chinese Poker - 5400
    Let it ride - 5600
    Poker4 - 5700,5702
    Poker4 tournament - 5750-5759
    Video Poker - 5900

If you could access our Poker games in the past, but not now, please re-configure your firewall to allow our new ports.
  • holy lord. They really make their players work to sit down eh?

I'll be damned if i know how to do that lol :)
  • If you cannot connect to our game server through our webpage... [more techno stuff...]
    Man, this kind of technical babble would be over my head too...

Webpage?

ScottyZ
  • sloth wrote:
    holy lord. They really make their players work to sit down eh?

I'll be damned if i know how to do that lol :)
    I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic. Actually I think you are... but a quick answer in case you or anyone else needs to know....

most consumer routers have an advanced section in the setup software that allows ports to be forwarded from the PC to the router so they are accessible to the internet. You should be able to forward port 2100 (plus 2300, 2310, 2320 if you're playing tourneys)

hork.
  • I can't help with the technical stuff, but I will say that pokerroom.com is an excellent site. Good support, fast cashouts, good game selection. They've really been pushing their multi-table tournaments as well. It's a bit slower than, say, PokerStars, but it's a great site nonetheless.

Regards,
    all_aces
  • my router is asking for this:

Service Name:
    Starting Port: (1~65535)
    Ending Port: (1~65535)
    Server IP Address: . . .

No clue.
  • They do work. I've been using a router for about a year and a half. If you have Windows XP, the network wizard should take care of most setup issues. All I had to do with my used one (cheap on ebay) was telnet into the router to change the admin password from the default. Otherwise XP did the rest.

PS, I don't use it myself, but a good forum for 'puter stuff is nerdbrains dot com
  • I play on a number of sites through a router. I'm pretty sure, that as long as you initiate the link, it shouldn't be a problem. Can you ping their site through the router? maybe try a tracert, and see where it craps out? Just a couple thoughts....

Good luck
  • nah, cant' ping it, and I can't figure out my router...
  • I play behind one, and have had no problems at all.
  • what brand of router is it? Do you have the manual? Normally you access the settings by typing the web address of the router into your web browser. It'll normally start with 192.168.XX.XX. The router will have it's own built in web page where you can access and change the settings. Many people play with routers though without issue, so it may not be the router. Are you getting any sort of error message or anything?
  • linksys befsr11 series not wireless. No manual have a friend come over and set it up for me. Sorry not that computer smart.