Diamond Poker Classic Day No-limit event

I cleverly got all in pre-flop A-K v. K-K and did not draw out. Short tournament. Bad play. IGHN.

Comments

• Arg.

How was the attendance at this one compared to the last one?
  • Comparing July to July it is up. There were 181 for the freeze out today. More than anyone thought.
  • Awe, I was expecting a nice long report to read...
  • I cleverly got all in pre-flop A-K v. K-K and did not draw out. Short tournament. Bad play. IGHN.

Hi Dave,

I was the guy sitting between the two of you, I was just curious what your thought process was on this hand (what your read was on your opponent)...Not that I'm saying you did anything wrong at all, he did sell the hand very well.

I got busted out about half an hour before the dinner break, about 15 hands after that table broke and I was moved, my QQ didn't stand up against AK.

In any event I was fairly pleased with my play, it was my first major tournament and it looked like I drew a pretty rough starting table.

Jason
  • My thought process was WRONG... but here it is.

UTG raised. I re-raised on the button to 600. The BB went into the tank and then re-re-raised to 3000.

First, I thought his "thinking" was genuine. It wasn't.

Second, his re-re-raise was too big. 3000. It looked like he wanted to push me out. He didn't.

I salute Colin (the BB) for his play. Especially the size of his bet. That's what really sold me.

Regardless, it was a bad play on my part. Risking the whole tournament on A-K against a re-re-raise. The BEST I could hope for was being a small dog. Dumb dumb dumb.