2006 Main Event Champ?

Who would you like to see win the main event this year?

Comments

• Me, if I can get a seat...
  • Beanie42, if he can get a seat.

Otherwise, Howard Lederer.

ScottyZ
  • 13cards, cuz I'm takin' event#1, gonna chop, then when he wins the big one, BINGO for me!
  • Since I don't plan on being there this year, Dave Scharf or Bob Jarrett.
  • Phil Helmuth, of course. Otherwise, Toto Leonidas, Dan Harrington, Daniel Negreanu, Phil Ivey, Mike Matusow and Tony G would make an interesting final table to say the least.
  • Beanie42, SirWatts, Zithal, Drtyore, Itsame, stpboy, TNorth, Easy, Pinhead, Flintbones, [Fallen Angel],All_Aces, ScottyZ, Sloth, or Dave Scharf.

Or Phil Ivey.
  • Daniel Negreanu or Gus Hansen
    Or Ben Affleck. Pfffft...
  • hopefully someone I have a present in!
  • I'd like to see a chick take it down. Maybe Duke, Ng, or Harmen. Maybe some hot 23 yo whose BF taught her to play poker a year ago now wins the main event and playboy pays her a gazzillion bux with the cover reading the hottest poker girl ever...... If not then I'd like to see Chan take another good run at it.
  • ME...if i can get a seat
  • T_Mac wrote:
    ME...if i can get a seat

Keep playing the $650 Stats on Sunday and you'll get one eventually, you're obviously a strong player and those things are really soft. Just make sure you understand how to play near the bubble.
  • I would love to see a CPF'r take it down (obv) other than that, Phil Ivey, Jennifer Titty or Chris Moneymaker. (he needs some redemption)
  • Robery Varkoni cause then we'll really know anyone can win
  • James Woods.
  • I would like to see Negreanu win. I would also like to see Matusow and Hellmuth at the final table. That would be priceless.
  • I would LOVE to see raymer make it far again but I wouldnt liek him to win it again. He is a NL GENIOUS!!!

one of the old school players like harrington or seidel would be good, they are so solid.

chan is always good to see in action as well. i'm not a big fan of the flashy players like Phil Laak, or The Mouth. they just get under my skin. just play the damn game and stop trying so hard to be famous for personality when you should be trying to make your skills do the talking.

Hellmuth is in my top 5 of who i would liek to see go the distance just cause he plays so well. He plays GREAT poker agains outragously bad players who get lucky against him, thats why he rants.

however, my number one pick for who i would LOVE to see win the main event, JEFF ROTH. he goes by the name of Teach on the forum here. if anyone gets the pleasure of losing large amounts of money to him, you'll understand why.

Johnny
  • I would like to Sir Watts at least make it to the money and then see what happens from there. I think he has a GREAT shot to do some DAMAGE.

Cameron
  • I would like to see Ivey win it, just to secure his name in history and in the minds of noobies.

But i know some no name is gonna win it. 6.5-7k people. some noob will definitly win
  • I completely agree that Mike (Sir Watts) has a chance to do well.
    Let's just hope he has smooth waters to sail in the card department.
    Best of luck to Mike, I will be there railbirding. :)
  • Mark Radoja , my freind or Paul darden
  • I don't think Paul Darden has a shot at ever winning.
    I hate his play. And he does not have the attitude of a champion.
    Then again, neither did Varkoni.
  • Its a super long shot to predict anyone to win really...
    but I think getting a good running start on some of the early events
    has to give you some momentum and confidence.

Some notables so far....

Phil Helmuth came in 2nd in event #9 for a cool $424k.
    He also finished 13th in event #7.

Dutch Boyd $475k and Joe Hachem $257k (last yrs winner) came 1-2
    in the shorthanded NL event # 5.
    Negreanu finished 8th and Gavin Smith ended in 16th.
    Negreanu also finished 7th in event #8

Brandon Cantu from British Columbia won the NL event #2
    to take home $758k.

Canadians are lookin good so far !
  • Why do you write in prose?
  • There once was a man from Nantucket
    Who kept all his...
  • i thought joe hackaaman or wat ever the fuck is hes name is was from austrilla not canada
  • Hey Hollywoods, who won the West Side tourney this weekend baby??
    Any how many rings you got on your mitts now?

Ya you keep tellin them! :D:D
  • wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow CANADA KEV IS DA MANNNNNNNNNNNN O THINK CANADA KEV MIGHT WIN THE MAIN EVENT , TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH , just statelight your way in there man , or take radojas place cus hes sick
  • I'm going to win it, bank it!