Mandalay Bay Poker Classic - Long Shot

Long Shot, but Any friendly Canadian happen to be playing in any Mandalay Bay Poker Classic Events.

The WPT event is a 10K buy in. I am playing in the 1K and/or 1.5K event(s) on May 26th and 27th. I am going with friends, but they won't be playing in the events. I'm not a touring pro and will know nobody, so it would be nice to know another player to at least BS with during breaks. If you are going or know somebody whos is, shoot me an email. ottotroy@hotmail.com.

Thanks,

Troy

Comments

• I just moved to Vegas and love beer.

So if you want to see some girls, play $500 heads up or drink a bit...

PM me.
  • If your willing to play $500 heads up, why don't you just beat two other guys and buy in to the tourney. Then we can go drink and look at girls.
  • I'm only 20...cash games, buying beer, low buy in tournys...I use the fake.

WPT....not so much.
  • That makes sense. I wouldn't risk using a fake either. While I appreciate the $500 heads up challenge, I think I will search for a softer game in town prior to the tourney. Do you know of any?

Also, if you are around Mandalay Bay just to check out the tourney, I'll buy the first beer.

Cheers,

Troy
  • Otto_Troy wrote:
    I think I will search for a softer game in town prior to the tourney.
    You won't find one!  :D

(sorry Josh - just getting the grudges ready for KWGM3 ;) )
  • Vegas is full of some games. I don't know waht limits you play, but the 15 30 at the Belllagio is always very soft. If you want lower then just about any game under 10 20 is very soft in vegas.
  • Maybe I should reconsider the heads up challenge :D

GTA, thanks for the tip and would be open to any reccomendations on games. I hate Limit holdem. I'm not very good at it and I find it very frustrating knowing that sometimes there is nothing you can do to prevent an opponent from getting the proper odds to chase you down.

I will probably be looking for a daily tournament (with a decent structure i.e not speed poker) with a buy in of $50-$200. Cash games I will play NL with a max buy in of $200-$500. Any further tips/suggestions would be helpful.
  • This used to be a decent listing, you can try it out but I haven't used it in a year or so...looks fairly complete from the search I did...I know the Mirage nightly touries have a decent structure and you can even play single table satellites during the day if you go ask for interest in them (the satellites have very poor structure).

http://www.lasvegasvegas.com/poker/tournaments.php
  • GTA's link is totally up to date, I live my days based on it.

KWGM3 will be the death of me or someone else, :D...Trevor.
  • That tournament link was cool. I will be sure to play one daily tourney before my big event on Friday. Looks like I will going it alone though. Haddon/Josh? maybe I'll bump into you out there. I'll look for the Jack Black look-a-like.