Pokerforum.ca Cash (Ring) Game?

Any interest in playing cash (ring) games at a private table for Pokerforum.ca members at PartyPoker.com (or elsewhere)? I've never tried making a private table before, so I'm not sure how it would work at Party in terms of its sister sites (Empire, etc).

Seems like you can create a private limit holdem table at PartyPoker from limits $0.50-$1.00 up to $30-$60.

Post here if there's any interest with your preferred limits and/or online sites.

This doesn't have to be highly organized or anything like that, and it seems like it's easy for anybody to set up a private cash game table. I just thought if there was lots of interest, we could make into a regular (weekly?) game or something.

Let me know what you think. :cool:

ScottyZ

Comments

• any NL? :)

my preference would be .50-1 or .25-.50 NL Hold em or Omaha.

good idea!
  • It didn't seem like you could set up a private NL game at Party.

Do you (or does anybody) know a site that allows you to create private NL tables? UB? Stars? Was I just not looking hard enough at Party? ;)

ScottyZ
  • Stars does. I like their private table setup. I am trying to get more of my friends to switch to stars because of it. So that when we have trouble getting together physically for a game we could get together online.
  • PokerStars would definitely be my first choice. Plus it might be convenient to have the Pokerforum.ca cash games at the same site as the "official" Pokerforum.ca tournament venue. :)

Now that you mentioned it, that does ring a bell that Stars offers private tables, even though I thought of Party at first. I've never tried private tables there (or anywhere really) myself.

I'll give PokerStars a look tonight.

ScottyZ
  • PokerStars would definitely be my first choice

Me too! This is a great idea, count me in...

Regards,
    all_aces
  • all_aces wrote:
    Me too! This is a great idea, count me in...

Regards,
    all_aces
    Are you sure? You don't want to butt onions with these guys. They'll chew you up - take your whole bankroll.

ScottyZ
  • Man you really ARE on a Rounders kick lately... I love it! What a great movie. I'm looking forward to the re-release in Sept.

And I hope 'butt onions' was a joke... the expression is 'bump uglies'. If it wasn't a joke, don't worry. It's like when people sing the completely wrong lyrics to songs; a crime I've been guilty of more than a few times.

Regardless of how it was intended, 'butt onions' is ROFLMAO hilarious!!!

Regards,
    all_aces,
    butting onions as we speak.
  • oh my lord. I'm going to be laughing at onion butting for awhile.

Mind you, he really does mumble in the movie. Thank god for sub-titles on the DVD.

I had no idea KGB was saying "No, I tap you" when he had his mouth full of oreos.
  • Hmmm... I thought "butt onions" was simply the original Rounders quote. I'll have to check the CC on the DVD to verify it. :)

Maybe they were simply still on a produce theme after "sitting the apple"? Instead of that guy betting an "8 ball", he should have bet 8 bananas.

Also, I've heard of butting *heads* (as in those rams or whatever they are when they're figthing for the cutest female), but never "bumping uglies". I'm not sure I want to know what that means...

ScottyZ
  • I'm not sure I want to know what that means...

Lol I think you got it figured out.

;)
    all_aces
  • btw, what is ROFLMAO (i know LMAO, but what is ROF?)
  • ROF = rolling on floor
  • thanks sloth
  • garro wrote:
    Stars does. I like their private table setup. I am trying to get more of my friends to switch to stars because of it. So that when we have trouble getting together physically for a game we could get together online.
    Are you sure PokerStars offers private cash games? I can't see any private cash game tables at PokerStars, nor can I find how to set one up.

ScottyZ
  • Has anyone played at zerorake yet? If they offer that it might be cool to play there sometime.. that way our money stays just with each other rather than to the rake.
  • I just contacted PokerStars and they said they do not have private ring games at this time, but possibly will in the future.

ScottyZ
  • And I hope 'butt onions' was a joke... the expression is 'bump uglies'. If it wasn't a joke, don't worry. It's like when people sing the completely wrong lyrics to songs; a crime I've been guilty of more than a few times.
    I checked the DVD closed captioning and listened to it about 10 times, and Knish *definitely* says "You don't want to butt onions with these guys".

Hehe...butt onions

That sounds like something that would smell pretty gross.

ScottyZ
  • No way. Really? I believe you, but man, 'butt onions'??? I'm ashamed to say that I've heard the expression 'bump uglies' used in real life a few times, and I assumed that was what Knish said.

Furthermore, I can personally guarantee you that this is the only forum that has ever had a 'butt onions'/'bump uglies' debate, and that rocks.

Regards,
    all_aces