MOVING SALE: Poker Table, Desks, Computers, Security Camera System and MORE!!

Hey,

I am moving from a 4 bedroom townhouse to a two bedroom apartment so I need to get rid of things.
B.O. means lots of things, but in this thread it means Best Offer.

Thanks for looking at my auction haha.
You can email me at joshwritesstuff@gmail.com

i) Gateway 300X with Celeron R processor. Anyway, reformatted with XP Pro. Runs great. 4 USB ports, 80 GIGS, 256 RAM (sorry), 2.4 GHZ. Cool metallic casing. B.O.

ii) DELL 17 inch LCD monitor. Black, small imperfect in center from throwing a beer cap at it when black came up 14 times in a row on pokeroom's roulette. $150 This thing might seem overprice for the 'imperfection' but you can't notice it, so I don't mind having three monitors for poker haha.

iii) Solid old desk. This thing is a beast with like 3x5.5 feet of surface area, four drawers (one equipped for hanging files). It has some dents and nicks because it is like 50 years old but it is solid and great for a shop or someone who would wreck the finish of mondern day desks.

iv) I am selling two RCA, two line phones. These are $180 new each, at Staples. The phone has a 16 person memory log. Conference calling, headset compatible, speakerphone, and more. Executive Series phones are top of the line. Great for small or home businesses with two lines. $80 each or both for $140

v) I am selling a personal security camera. It is wireless and easy to use. NO SOFTWARE. Watch your kids in the yard, have it over your front door, put it in the baby's room. This camera shoots in full color and is very small. With the camera I am including an 11 or so inch RCA color TV for monitoring. You can also have the camera run right into your own television also. If you want I can also sell the software that has it broadcast over the internet so you can monitor your camera from work etc. Email me if interested. $100

vi)This is an office grey, four drawer heavy duty filing cabinet with the ovesized file folders. I used it for maybe 2 months very lightly and then went to paperless :) with an table top scanner. The cabinet was $150+ new. Email me if interested. Great Great Condition. $80

vii) I am selling the official Grants, Loans and Assistance Programs Guide for Canadian Entreprenure book. I've used it, got what I needed from it and it is useless taking up space. I bought it new for $159.99+tax and as you'll see it is still in mint condition. It has over 1000 listings for Canadian entreprenures. B.O.

viii) Brand New Orion Paintball Gun. Comes with hopper. USED ONCE. Great beginner gun. B.O.

ix) I am selling an iMac G3 that is blue. It comes with a mouse and keyboard. It's great for word processing, browsing the net and msn etc. Blueberry
350 MHz, Slot loading CD-ROM drive, 6 GB hard drive. I have ZERO use for this so its going cheap. B.O.

x) Old Style Pepsi Fridge with glass doors. Holds 16 24's, scratches on exterior from use...nothing some paint would fix. Moving to an apartment, need to get rid of it. It is awesome for a rec room or deck or garage. $150 delivered. ON HOLD.

xi) POKER TABLE. Those ones Walmart was selling. It has some wear, and my dog ate one of the cup holders, so it only has nine. Green Felt, Black Bumper. Uhh...it's alright for a second table or a novel first table (you will soon want to drop a lot for a nice nice one like I am planning on doing once I move). B.O preferrably $80.

xii) Autographed 8.5x11 picture of Jesus telling you to "stay cool". B.O. (Really...its one of you or the garbage haha). SOLD

Comments

• I don't know how to take your post, because I didn't think we were on the 'close-enough-to-publically-own-each-other' level.

If you are not kidding, we likely need to straighten some of your ideas about me out.

Edit: For the record, 2 out of 5 of the tournaments I've played with you 'elite' I have finished in the money...but whatever man.
    Edit 2: I'm sure Brent would let us start off the $125 Westside Heads Up if wanted to have some fun.
  • I'm pretty sure the ":D" meant that he was just giving you a hard time.

It is pretty funny that you would have a "I have to sell my stuff" post on the poker forum though.
  • I post on a lot of forums and most have a buy and sell section...Everyone needs stuff like this, so why not?

And I am pretty sure "moving sales" and "I ‘need’ to sell my stuff sales" are different.

":D" aside, I just didn't think we were on that level. Excuse me for saying it, but it is clear that there is an element of clique-ness in our poker community. The teasing and stuff is fine within it, hell I tease my friends all the time. BUT, putting down a man's poker ability and financial situation, especially when you don't know much about him, while alluding to thyself as a pro just doesn’t sit well with me morty.

":D" does not take away from the fact that there are over 2400 members on this forum, most of which have no idea Tom is joking and might actually think I have a problem with gambling or am having financial troubles. Like I stated, I just didn't think the relationship North and I have was at the point where that was appropriate. I am not sitting here fuming or anything, it just didn't sit right.

It could be that after playing Stud and Draw since I was 12 and HoldEm since I was 16 I have pride in my shorthanded/heads up game. Then I walk into my first CPF.ca posted tourny, have some fun at a cash game with money that means nothing to me I get called names behind my back. The very people who look me in the eye and ask how I am in person. I hate that it is coming out now, but I find that some people's mentality is, if they haven't seen you, it means you must have just started. If someone has a problem with me I like it said to my face. Not the bullshit that goes on when I am not around. This isn’t even about Tom anymore, it just brought it out. Sorry.
  • FWIW, I haven't heard of anyone that has a problem with you. Most of the people I've talked to enjoy playing cards with you...

I dunno, fwiw.

stp
  • I'd like to think I am likeable. I don't ever have problems with respectful people. I like playing cards with I think everyone, (can't think of someone I don't off the top of my head.) I just have heard that there are people who do not share your sentiments Shannon and I would like it said to my face.

JUST TO CLARIFY: I have no problem with North AT ALL haha, I like the guy. This just happened to come out in this thread because the door was sort of opened. So anyone reading don't associate Josh IS kinda ticked with Tom making a joke.
  • I don't want to turn this into a counselling session or anything but I've really learned (over my vast # of years) that you really cannot believe everything you hear. People love and sometimes simply live to stir up the pot.

Growing up through highschool, I was relatively popular and I guess the same could be said for me being on this forum. I'm here a lot and am fairly vocal so I guess you could say I'm 'popular' here. Popularity doesn't necessarily mean you're well liked, just well known. I've always had the unfortunate experiences that have re-established my belief in the saying When you're on top, the only place people can bring you is down. It sucks. Anyway, like I said, don't believe everything you hear. Many times things are misconstrued to the point that they don't even resemble the original persons comments.

As for Tom, I'm glad you have no hard feelings towards what he said. He's a greta guy and wouldn't say anything with the intent of being malicious.

stp
  • Shannon, you're a level headed guy, so I respect what you are saying. I had the same experiences in highschool and feel I am pretty popular in my "scene". So I understand everything about rumours, the broken telephone analogy etc. However, when you hear pretty much the exact same insults from 4 different people your gun clip comes off and you feel a little on edge. Anyway, like I said I am not fuming here, I just felt the need to say what I did knowing those who bear the two faces will read it. I don't want to start a rumble and am not one to stir the pot, but I won't be slammed through ignorance. If you know me and think I'm a prick, tell the world, haha, but when I hear the things I've heard and it came from people who don't know me, it just doesn't sit well.
  • :D That was to signify that it was a joke.

Either way I have removed the post.

Hopefully the increased traffic caused by this will increase your sales.
  • Thanks Tom. :D haha

I was going to say this thread is completely hi-jacked, but I guess it is like a conversation that could break out at a garage sale, so it works.
  • I just want to know how you went PERFECT on HEXX!
  • Over and over and over again?

I'm a pro HEXX player.
  • I don't like Josh too much....

He refused to pay off my set of 10's last night... what's with that? 8)

KIDDING everyone....

Josh...look at the bright side.. you didn't get a nickname like "Dirty Whore" :)

So.. Wes, please don't ban me.
    Josh... I hope you got your guitar hero game

Sorry for the non-sequitor

I would like to apologize for the previous apology... to anyone finding offence in the previous statement I am deeply regretful.

Further, I would like to apologize for this apology, as it may not have been worded correctly or most eloquently

<continue Python-esque banter>

Thank you, good night Cleveland!

Mark
  • I am going to buy this guitar hero business this afternoon.
    So watch out next time, I will melt your face off.

Edit: I guess I need to buy a PS2 as well...DAMN! $350 just to beat Mark at pressing buttons. (I only have Xbox and 360.)
    Edit: I only pay off Mario's sets it seems.