Your opinion on Zero Rake

Hi Dave,

I know you play a lot of online poker - I have two questions for you.

1. Have you heard or checked out zerorake.com? The site just launched on July 1st and utilizes a different business model. You pay a flat monthly fee and pay no rake on pots won.

I just joined and believe it is a pretty innovative idea. I think the interface is great but there aren't a lot of players online yet.

2. Which of the other sites would you say has the most 'fish' - any suggestions on which sites and which limits?

Thanks,

Matt

Comments

• You pay a flat monthly fee and pay no rake on pots won.
    As far as I can tell, the flat fee is $30 (well, $29.95) per 30 days, after a promotional 30 days for $5.95 offer.

ScottyZ
  • Isnt this the one that Dutch Boyd was trying to start?

In an interview I read he said he was in the middle of developing a rake free poker site.
  • ComaU wrote:
    Isnt this the one that Dutch Boyd was trying to start?

In an interview I read he said he was in the middle of developing a rake free poker site.
    I believe Dutch Boyd's proposed rake-free site was (perhaps is) www.rakefree.com

I can't really tell of Dutch Boyd has anything to do with the site mentioned above.

ScottyZ
  • ComaU wrote:
    Isnt this the one that Dutch Boyd was trying to start?

Directly copied from the www.zerorake.com website:

Many people asked if we have any relationship or connection with "RakeFree.com" or any of its principal. The answer is none, whatsoever.

On the other hand, I've seen loads of suggestions on RGP that either Dutch Boyd, and/or "The Crew" are associated with ZeroRake. To be honest, I have no idea myself.

Like I mentioned in the other ZeroPoker thread, I really like the concept, but I'm personally going to wait until this (or some similar) site is much more well-established before playing real money poker there.

ScottyZ
  • As far as I know, Dutch Boyd has NOTHING to so with zerorake.com

As to which sites offer the most fish? Hmmm... tough question. I have played all over the place and I don't find much difference site to site to tell you the truth.