Any programmers looking for work?

I have a buddy who does some consulting and he's looking for a "Contract Systems Programmer"

Musts
• work from home
• 5 years + experience
• use your own PC and development tools
• Pocket PC 2003 / Windows Mobile / Windows CE .NET
• Microsoft Visual Studio .NET / .NET Framework
• VB.NET
• MS SQL Server 2000
• .NET Compact Framework
• SQL CE .NET / Pocket SQL
• ADO.NET
• ASP.NET
• IIS
• HTML
• maintain work logs – paper, Excel, or E-mail…soon to be web-based

Assets
• RFID project experience
• barcode reader programming experience
• magnetic stripe reader programming experience
• biometrics programming experience (fingerprint reader)
• Psion Teklogix, Intermec, and Symbol product knowledge
• Access 97+
• C# .NET
• C/C++
• Java
• Reporting Services for MS SQL Server 2000 (Business Intelligence / BI)
• Analysis Services for MS SQL Server 2000 (OLAP, Data Cubes, Data Mining)
• My SQL
• Linux programming experience
• Microsoft Project 2003
• Microsoft Visio 2003

Depending on experience likely $30-40/hr to start, PM me if interested and I'll put you in touch him.

Comments

• Big E wrote:
    Depending on experience likely $30-40/hr to start, PM me if interested and I'll put you in touch him.
    Just a question, but isn't this a bit low? For somebody with 5+ years this seems to be around the expected salary, and contract work is usually at a premium (due to the lack of benefits/guarantee). I haven't looked around for a while, but I'm curious if this is normal now, since the last time I did work on contract $50/hr was cheap. Sorry for the curiosity...
  • That's a very good question Trevor...and I don't know the answer myself....I pondered going into IT consulting myself in the past and would have charged at least double that or more but I don;t know what this opportunity entails if it's part time as needed or what? I will try to find out?

E.
  • I'd be charging about $75-80/hr based on the requirements (and nice to haves) for the job.

I may be interested, but it would need to be better $$$.

Hobbes
  • He did not want to mention money, he would rather base his decision on seeing a resume/CV. He has had a problem in the past with people taking far too long to complete a project because they said they had the skills but did not..or worse they leave him high and dry....so there may be the opportunity for better money if it's a good fit. He's looking for someone to help out on a as-needed basis and he does have a few projects requiring manpower right now. He's hoping for someone who can manage their own project schedule and meet deadlines. He lives in Milton and covers the entire GTA to KW area...if anyone is interested let me know and I'll put you in touch. If I had to guess I'd say if you could handle the project within the deadline you'd be looking at $60/hr or more but I am not the guy to answer these questions....I'm just trying to help a buddy out. I will say this, I have worked with him in the past on IT projects, however not on the programming end and he is a stand up guy, easy to talk to and work with and he paid me promptly.
  • I'll vouch for the guy being stand up...and his wife is hot.

D

p.s. ya, E's wife is hot too, but, that's not who I was talking about.
  • Glad to hear that.
    Hope to be in contact next week.

Hobbes
  • Wolffhound wrote:
    I'll vouch for the guy being stand up...and his wife is hot.

just don't invite him to a euchre tournament, eh!!!
    Wolffhound wrote:
    p.s. ya, E's wife is hot too, but, that's not who I was talking about.

thanks!

Hobbes, hopefully you guys can work something out.