That's a lot of hands

This may need to go into the online section. I apologize in advance if I misplaced this.

I just started playing on Poker Rewards a Prima site and you get to choose your promotion.  Anyway one of them is

Play 1 Million raked hands and they will give you a seat to the WSOP.  So if you have the time and like the prima network you may want to check it out.  It expires Dec 31, 2010.  they will give you a seat to the next WSOP after you hit 1 Million so it could be any of the next 4 depending on when you clear it. 

Comments

• Sandro,
    The way I see it is...if you take the time that you spent winning all those Arcade titles on here...and played on Prima...you'd be in the WSOP next year!!!!

Good luck.
  • Wolffhound wrote:
    Sandro,
    The way I see it is...if you take the time that you spent winning all those Arcade titles on here...and played on Prima...you'd be in the WSOP next year!!!!

Good luck.

It's funny because it's true. LOL. Actually I only play the occasional time (now) when Pinhead steals one from me. There is also one that continues to flop between you, and I.
  • pokerdro wrote:
    This may need to go into the online section.  I apologize in advance if I misplaced this. 

I just started playing on Poker Rewards a Prima site and you get to choose your promotion.  Anyway one of them is

Play 1 Million raked hands and they will give you a seat to the WSOP.  So if you have the time and like the prima network you may want to check it out.  It expires Dec 31, 2010.  they will give you a seat to the next WSOP after you hit 1 Million so it could be any of the next 4 depending on when you clear it. 

I'm just going to flat out say that this cannot be done. for 2 reasons...
    First reason is:
    Let's say there are approx. 1740 days between now and Dec 31 2010, that means you need to play 575 raked hands every single day, which would be at least 10 hours of poker, every single day, no days off, no vacations, I think you'd be in the loony bin long before you would win a free seat.
    Second reason is:
    this promotion is equivalent to a 1 penny per raked hand rakeback, and you could play a ton of other places for more rakeback, save it up and buy your own seat, so no one would choose this promotion to begin with.
  • SOS,

I have to agree with you that this would not be the best promotion in the world but I can imagine that someone may try it.

I do not think your 10 hours a day calculation is even close for people that may multi table. I don't multi table so I am just taking a guess but at 5 plus tables they could probably hit 575 hands in 2 to 3 hours. Regardless it is a crap load and I wish anyone trying it the best of luck.
  • Oh yeah, you're right, I didn't think of mutitabling, ok, so now I think it can be done, but reason #2 still holds