any plans to write articles or books

Dave,

I really enjoyed your book and thought that it was one of the better intro poker books out there.

My questions are:
- any plans to write another book? A suggestion is:
a follow up book to your first one but with more intermediate and advanced play. I would like to see more coverage on turn and river play for hold'em.

- any plans to be more involved with the mainstream poker arena - i.e. writing articles for Cardplayer or Pokerpages? I am sure (especially after WSOP), you have a lot of contacts and opportunities for that now.

Comments

• "- any plans to write another book?"

Sort of. I have sort of come to believe that most poker books -- even for the beginner -- are backwards. Not enough underlying theory is given. So, I would like to write another book but it is doubtful that I will.

I am TOO busy right now. I have a full time positon as a radio host, I am the father of two young sons, and then... there's poker (magazine, CPT, and playing). I am not anxious to add more to my plate so a second book is doubtful.

"- any plans to be more involved with the mainstream poker arena"

Well... I sort of think that I am in the mainsteam media. Having said that, I very much dount that CardPlayer would be interested in "my stuff." Even though we are just a little magazine in a little country I can't imagine that they would like to promote us in any way.

What energy I have I prefer to devote to Can Poker Player and to the Can Poker Tour. I feel very gratified to be part of these two endeavours.
  • I am TOO busy right now. I have a full time positon as a radio host, I am the father of two young sons, and then... there's poker (magazine, CPT, and playing). I am not anxious to add more to my plate so a second book is doubtful.

What energy I have I prefer to devote to Can Poker Player and to the Can Poker Tour. I feel very gratified to be part of these two endeavours.
    Although I rarely try and speak for any but myself, I don't think I would be far from the mark if I said,

"We on this forum are very grateful for all the energy you devote to both of those endeavors, as well as the time you take to reply to the various questions on posted on this forum. Thank-you Dave!"
  • I have to agree with Mickey.

Dave, your efforts to support and help sustain growth and devolopment of poker in Canada is greatly appreciated.

I know Canada is not where some countries are with respect to poker players (i.e. U.S. and Europe) but I am sure we will be having a lot more world class players from Canada in the near future.