Help!...How do I play heads-up against a loose MANIAC!!

its really frustrating me, i get to the final table and than im facing a loose-maniac that keeps goin all in with nothin but i kept getting dealt bad cards and i didnt call, what approach should i take when im facing someone like this in heads-up

Comments

• Obviously if you have bad cards you can't do anything about it. The only think you can do it play tigher and wait for a hand in which you could move all in. You could also take the risk (I wouldn't suggest it here) of calling with A high, because again a random hand, you will likely be a 60-40 favourite. Else you can wait for a pocket pair and hope to be a 50-50 shot.
  • that is what i did, but i kept getting bad hands..and i was playing tight the best hand i had got the whole time was a Q,5 offsuit so finally i got an A,7 offsuit and this is not a great hand but it was the best hand i got the whole time and i was low on chips after he kept stealing the blinds so i go all-in and he calls with somethin 8,4 and he ended up hitting his set..so was that just bad luck or should i loosen up and play more aggressively against his types
  • You just got unlucky. You were about a 62-38 favourite to win. He just outdrew you. Also, you can't play agressively against his type if he keeps going all in preflop because either one of you will have all his/her chips before they see the flop. So play like you did, play tight and just hope for a big hand because you can't make anything out of nothing.