Currently 1 of 36 in $100 multi...

... and 14 of 196 in 10+1 rebuy at Stars. Come say hi if you are awake!

Regards,
all_aces

Comments

• 10th of 70 (in the $10+1 rebuy), keep it up!
  • GOOOOOOOOOOOOAL! GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL! [Edit: seems I messed up the thread formatting] :P

GL in the rest man. 8)

ScottyZ
  • A disappointing 12th in the $100, and I'm still in the rebuy... thanks for stopping by, guys!

Regards,
    all_aces
  • HAHA, im still watching. Your doing fine, just seeinf how McEvoy plays in a tourney (he is shortstacked majorly).
  • Also,
    I noticed a lot of people going in with low or middle pairs. Ie, a big stack raises to 20k, and gets reraised all in by a smaller stack (say 140k to call), and they'll call (leaving them with 20k ish left). Is this how most tourneys advance late and it is good play to call all ins with low/middle pp?
  • Nicely played AA. Shame BB had KK, and SB took one of your outs.

Made a profit tonight at least.
  • Hey Tilter, to answer your question: it depends. Largely on who's looking for a coin-flip situation. At any rate, I finished the rebuy tourney in a disappointing 10th place. Arg. Arg. Arg.

Regards,
    all_aces
  • Tilter wrote:
    Also,
    I noticed a lot of people going in with low or middle pairs. Ie, a big stack raises to 20k, and gets reraised all in by a smaller stack (say 140k to call), and they'll call (leaving them with 20k ish left). Is this how most tourneys advance late and it is good play to call all ins with low/middle pp?

Calling an all in with a small pocket pair is about the worst play you can make in poker (assuming that you are not desperately short stacked) If you are lucky you are a very very small favourite. If you are unlucky you are a huge underdog. People do it anyway though, particularly in small buy-in tournaments. Just one of a long list of mistakes that people make. This is why I tend to move in a lot with my big pocket pairs, rather than try to get too tricky, because I know that there are a lot of people who will call me with pieces of trash like 77.

Moving all in is different, since you gain a lot of "fold equity"... you have a good chance of winning the pot unconstested, and if not, you have a decent chance of winning anyway. This is particularly true if, for some reason, you feel that your opponent does not have a big pocket pair (so you won't be a huge dog if called). Obviously, this doesn't work well against calling stations.

Keith