How do the affiliate rake back programs work?

I was wondering if someone could give a basic overview of the best way to take advantage of the sign up bonusses on the online sites? I have read posts on a few forums saying that you should find a reputable affiliate that offers to pay a percentage of your rake back, but I'm not really sure I understand how this works, how to find a good affiliate, whether it applies to the SnG's, how you get paid, what a fair percentage is, etc.. If someone could explain how it works, it would definitely be appreciated.

I currently only have an account at one site, and I play mainly the one table SnG's. I was thinking of trying out another site sometime soon, but it seems with a lot of the sites that you are stuck with whatever deal you sign up with, so I was hoping to figure this all out so I can take advantage of a fair deal when I sign up. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. To keep this thread from being spammed to death, I would appreciate just an overview of how it works to begin with, preferrably only from members who contribute to this forum.

Comments

• Affiliates, to my knowledge, wouldn't give you back a rake, but a percentage of the "referral fee" they get for signing you up. It would be to sweeten the offer. They give up part of their fee to get you to join. It's a marketing gimmick really.
  • Actually, I am an affiliate at PartyPoker. I get to choose weather or not to collect a flat fee or 20% of the players rake.
    It is tied to the bonus code that I give out. When I set up a bonus code, I decide if it is for a flat fee or %.
    I have had players that play big in the 15/30 rooms open new accounts with me and I give them half of the 20%. I deposit it in thier poker account each month when it gets paid to me. I can do this for people that generate $100 or more a month. you have to get raked $500 a month to get a rake back.
    As far as trusting, it would not be in my interest to not pay up, Becaus the player would just go back to their old poker account to spite me. Then the next month, I would have nothing.
    If you have any questions or are interested, Email me at jtsottles@yahoo.com
    If you decide to do PartyPoker.com use bonus code "[code deleted]"
    But if you want some rake back, email me and I can set it up.