Best buy gift card

I got two gift cards for christmas totaling $140 (a $120 card and a $20 card). I don't purchase anything from best buy because I have a personal grudge against them from laptop issues. Anyways these cards can be picked up in St. Catharines or in hamilton MAYBE one day this wkend if I visit my gf.

I'll sell them both for $120. PM or email chris@bigchipspoker.net if interested.

Comments

• I understand your issue with Best Buy but the cards have been bought and paid for. Best Buy already has the money from the people that gave them to you.

Why don't you use the cards and get some DVD's or something?
  • That exactly what I was thinking. You're not giving them YOUR money, may as well use them.

I find it interesting that you're boycotting them. My brother bought a PC from them and also had major problems with them when they went back on their word regarding their warranty. He's also stopped buying anything from them. I wasn't sure what to think about them, but now with your complaint I;m leaning towards them having some reall shitty customer service.
  • Put me on the list for boycotting them. My personal reason is that they have charged me a re-stocking fee for a Christmas gift that I had to return. Now if they had mentioned that their would be a fee when I bought the product (a personal GPS device so we're not talking about a 50" screen) then I'd understand.
  • If I wanted something from there I guess I'd get it. But I'd perfer the cash as there are a few things I want to buy for my car (moreso than I want to expand my 110+ DVD collection!)

As for best buy going back on their warrenty word is EXACTLY my problem with them. I was told when I bought my special extended warrenty, if any work had to be done on my laptop and shipped out to repair, they would either give me a new one, or one to use while its fixed. Twice now in the 5 months Ive had my laptop out for repair for 2 months. STUPID.

Anyways, the cards are still available.
  • I've always felt that extended warranties were like insurance on the BJ table. I also bought a laptop from them (futureshop=bestbuy) and the wireless is still not functioning.
  • Well the only good thing about the extended warrenty is, I currently have 2 repairs on the laptop. If I have to get another one done within the next 3.5 yrs I get a new laptop worth whatever i paid for this one, like $1799
  • Soup wrote:
    Well the only good thing about the extended warrenty is, I currently have 2 repairs on the laptop. If I have to get another one done within the next 3.5 yrs I get a new laptop worth whatever i paid for this one, like $1799

This was the problem my bro had. He reached number of repairs to get a new computer, but then they started telling him that some of them didnt count for some bullshit reason, when they originally said that it was covered. It took him alot of bitching to finally get them to honour their warranty. His repairs also took a really long time.
  • Soup wrote:
    Well the only good thing about the extended warrenty is, I currently have 2 repairs on the laptop. If I have to get another one done within the next 3.5 yrs I get a new laptop worth whatever i paid for this one, like $1799

Well whenever in the next 3.5 years you feel like upgrading your laptop just accidentally leave your current one in the car, over night, in the middle of winter.  Guaranteed way to get a new one.

"what happened?"

"don't know, it just wouldn't boot-up any more"

"ok I guess we'll have to replace it for you with one of equal value"
  • Oh, that's cool then. Let me know how long it takes to get that money out of them. :D

I always buy the top of the bottom of the line laptop as I generally need a new one within 3 years. So, I usually spend $1000 and figure that a major-name laptop can last 3 years without exploding. This one is great, of course I wish I had a 1200x1600 display, but that's about it. And I wish the damn wireless would start working again. It takes about 3 weeks to get an answer through customer service at HP.
  • Don't even get me started with HP's customer service. I'd rather cut off my ears than talk to them ever again.

Leaving my laptop in my car in cold weather will really mess it up? (not that I want to do it, but just so I DONT lose it! If I were to scam em for a laptop it sure as hell wouldnt be in the middle of the school year!)
  • Soup wrote:
    Don't even get me started with HP's customer service. I'd rather cut off my ears than talk to them ever again.

Leaving my laptop in my car in cold weather will really mess it up? (not that I want to do it, but just so I DONT lose it! If I were to scam em for a laptop it sure as hell wouldnt be in the middle of the school year!)

Usually computer components and cold weather don't mix.

Just make sure it's all good with your warranty before you paper weight the lap top.
  • Well I really don't plan on intentionally messing it up. I'm sure it will be a few weeks before I'd see a new laptop anyways. Besides, I don't use anything on my computer that requires anything more powerful...but perhaps down the road it would be nice to get a shinny new one for all this damn trouble :D
  • Anyways someone buy these damn cards! My turbosmart dual stage boost controller will be $120 closer!
  • Hey Soup.

Just buy something with the cards and then return it.

Should get $$$ back unless they've changed their policy. Done it before.

Hobbes
  • Really? I'll give that a shot.
  • Hobbes wrote:
    Hey Soup.

Just buy something with the cards and then return it.

Should get $$$ back unless they've changed their policy. Done it before.

Hobbes

I think when you return somthing that you got with gift cards, you get a giftcard back for its value.
  • I guess they changed the policy then..... :'(

Hobbes
  • Some places will let you take things back without a receipt... They'll instill "last sale price" policy and ask for ID from you. But they will give you cash in that case... Not sure if BB/FS does this, or if they REQUIRE a receipt... I know for places like Home Depot or Wal-Mart they'll let you do it.
    They should have their return policy on a big sign at the customer service desk or on the back of the receipt.
  • Zellers will pretty much take anything back with a receipt...sometimes even if they don't sell it.
    Wife used to work there and it drove her crazy :D....someone would try and return something that was obviously bought at WalMart and they'd give a refund :D when the customer through a fit.

Hobbes
  • Hobbes wrote:
    Zellers will pretty much take anything back with a receipt...sometimes even if they don't sell it.
    Wife used to work there and it drove her crazy :D....someone would try and return something that was obviously bought at WalMart and they'd give a refund :D when the customer through a fit.

Hobbes

I meant without a receipt
  • I heard a rumour that Costco will REPLACE any electronic device bought from them for up to 3 years.

No matter what the problem is, they will replace it with a brand new one. TV's, laptops everything.
  • MDSGuy wrote:
    I heard a rumour that Costco will REPLACE any electronic device bought from them for up to 3 years.

No matter what the problem is, they will replace it with a brand new one. TV's, laptops everything.
    I think they are down to maybe 6 months now. Too many people were taking them for the 'free computer upgrade' deal...