Silly qualifier tournaments...

So, I've recently fallen in love with a strange creature...the online NL hold'em qualifier tournament. I think I posted on this forum a while ago how I had won my entry fee to the May $640 Million-guaranteed on Partypoker.com....well, it happened again. I finished first in a 139 player multi, and find myself playing in my second consecutive $640 tournament. Also, I've won a buy-in into the $226 PartyPoker Million IV Semifinals.

Now, this poses a problem for a couple reasons...I'm extremely happy with the buy-ins that I've won, but I haven't yet converted these huge buy-ins into any cash (yet). I'm fairly profitable ring game player, so there's an opportunity cost involved with playing tournaments...even if I (theoretically) break even over the long run, I could be making money in the ring games. So far, I've dropped probably about $400 into these tournaments, and while I have $866 in pending buy-ins to show for it, I can't buy food with buy-ins ;)

So, right now, I'm trying to decide between two different courses of action: playing more online qualifier tournaments (since I have a reserved seat, any additional big buy-ins I win will translate to cash) or go back to playing my ring game?

Anyone ever find themself in a similar situation? Advice/thoughts?

Comments

• So, right now, I'm trying to decide between two different courses of action: playing more online qualifier tournaments (since I have a reserved seat, any additional big buy-ins I win will translate to cash) or go back to playing my ring game?

In all seriousness, I would consider doing both at the same time. Seems like a win-win situation, if you are consistently winning at both.

Congrats on your success so far, and best of luck in the big events!

Regards,
    all_aces
  • Congrats man on winning the buy-ins! I would do both as you say your doing good at both. Good luck!!
  • wtg Dude! :D

if ya can do both tourneys and ring games...then go 4 it :D

regards,
    CO :D