My instructional poker DVD--moved from General section by request

I thought long and hard about this... hmmm.  How can I post something about my instructional DVD in any other place but the advertising section without seeming like a hypocrite?  Well, there is really no way, but I can live with that.

At any rate, it's available, complete with a quick 'sample clip' which should be good for a laugh if nothing else.

http://pokerforum.ca/forum/index.php?topic=7353.0

Comments

• I'm going to ban this freakin' guy. All he ever posts is spam.
  • I'm going to ban this freakin' guy. All he ever posts is spam.

About freaking time a moderator got on that one... LMAO.
  • Why not just post it in Advertising. Most here look forward to your posts and would be intrigued to find out what you're doing. Everyone learned about my poker tour -- which was in the advertising section. We really can't have someone like yourself posting advertising materials in non advertising forums.

Cheers
    Magi
  • Food for thought, so I'll give it some.
  • all_aces wrote:
    Food for thought, so I'll give it some.

Apparently you can have food delivered now. check out the advertising section!!
  • We really can't have someone like yourself posting advertising materials in non advertising forums.

B.S. we can't. Aces' insight is a big reason why this place even exists. If he wants to talk about DVD or his Movie or his ponzi scheme, he can do it anywhere he pleases.
  • For some reason, I am a fan of that reasoning.  ;)

Thanks BBC.
  • Yeah boy-eee!
  • BBC is an easily manipulated puppet.

he'll agree to anything Magithighs doesn't
  • Hmmm... well, everyone's entitled to their opinion I guess.

For what it's worth, BBC once posted this, about me:
    No offence, but it seems pretty low to use this poker forum as a cheap proof reader for your for-profit venture. I think if you are planning on exploiting the good nature exchange of ideas that flow around here, you should post an explicit disclaimer as to your intent upfront. Especially when you convey the impression that it's for 'some beginners' which seem like friends or some people you personally know.. Will the pokerforum be seeing any proceeds? You thought highly enough of us to get some opinions on your quiz...

I'm disappointed aces..

So I'm not sure it's fair to say that he's simply trying to disagree with anything Magi says.  He has certainly shown a willingness in the past to disagree with me, and really, with just about anyone.  Which makes me think that he writes what he believes to be true, regardless of who he's responding to.  But, as you have your opinion, I have mine...
  • Wow, it really blows my mind that anyone has wasted any time even thinking about this, who the hell cares where the post was originally posted, it seems to me people just scan this site to find out if someone did something wrong?

We spend way too much time trying to find fault in others imho.....it says right under the 'General' title...'Post anything to do with poker here'.

To me it was a post about Aces weird thumbs not advertising! (Which really are weird...it would throw me off my game?)

Lou, I really respect you and enjoy playing with you (cards that is) but I was surprised by the comments.

Aces, looks like you did a great job, you should be very proud, I hope it does well for you....please, one word of advice, don't ever reference a Christmas Tree in any future print/productions or you will have to ban yourself.

We really need to put the microscope away and support each other.
  • IF this was Adverizing, and I wanted one. Where and how would I go about this????
    If this was advertizing .
    God knows I need help!
  • BBC is an easily manipulated puppet.
    he'll agree to anything Magithighs doesn't

It's easy to appear that way when your foil is as self serving and self promoting as mine is.
  • Yes, I thought your following posts were particularly self-serving, self-promoting, and downright thoughtless:

http://pokerforum.ca/forum/index.php?topic=7356.0

I was going to reply to that thread, but you'd already done a great job with it.
  • I think this falls under a whole different category than just "advertising".

AA is not just "advertising" his DVD, he is telling us about his accomplishment in creating it in the first place. It isn't like a chip set where he went and bought 500 sets and is selling them at a slight profit, he CREATED this DVD, he STARS in the DVD, and lastly he is PROUD of the DVD, as he should be.

I won't tell you if I am going to buy one, I'll save that for the Advertising one.
  • I repeat, I repeat, I repeat
    Where would I get one?
    If you say something 3 times, does that mean you're crazy? crazy? crazy?
  • Never mind, found out myself

• B.S. we can't. Aces' insight is a big reason why this place even exists. If he wants to talk about DVD or his Movie or his ponzi scheme,  he can do it anywhere he pleases.

I was thinkin the same thing then read how bbc so eloquently put it and couldnt agree more. 

I have said it b4 and ill say it again, DEVIN IS THE BEST POKER PLAYER ON THIS FORUM.  If one wants to improve their game, they should read what he writes.  Since this forum is supposed to help people with their game, and Devin is the top dog, this instructional dvd promo he is willing to share with us (he didnt have to make it, and could lose money on it afterall, although i really dont know anything about the costs etc...) should be allowed any where and everywhere.  In fact, I think it is a great disservice to the many people that this DVD could and will help that it has been left out of the general area.
        But really this a hilarious argument. 

You are on the front page anyways right...?