Meteor in B.C. at 2:40am June 3

Anyone else see that Meteor at 2:40am this morning? I was outside having a smoke and saw the ball fly through the sky. It was freaking cool! At the end it lit up the sky as if it was sunny.

Once in a life time (well maybe) chance to see that, and it was crazy!

Comments

• Years ago we saw one that streaked across the sky so low, it lit everything up like a delayed flash of lightning. Bright blue/white streak. Seemed to last about 5 seconds. Awesome thing to see.
  • I saw the following article on CNN.com, which talks about the same occurrence:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/West/06/03/meteorite.washington.ap/index.html
  • nope...never seen a meteor before :o :shock:
    not sure if i want to :shock:
  • Thats very cool. If you're interested in this, later this week you will be able to watch Venus go across the sun. It might make me blind, but I'll be watching :D
  • It might make me blind, but I'll be watching :D

ROFLMAO :mrgreen:
  • August in Canada is usually the best month for meteors. They usually yack about it on the radio before it happens. Try to check them out whenever I can. Is cool. 8)
  • DJP wrote:
    August in Canada is usually the best month for meteors. They usually yack about it on the radio before it happens. Try to check them out whenever I can. Is cool. 8)

maybe this year will be the first to see one :shock:
  • Yeah except this wasn't a normal Meteor shower where you see meteors close to the earth fly by. This was a crazy fireball shooting down and landing someone in Seattle. It was very big compared to the others I have seen, and when it flashed, wow! It seemed like day time for a quick second!
  • You sure it wasn't a large ball of frozen poo? lmao (Joe Dirt)
  • i've gone out the last 3 years in august, to see the meteor showers they "yack about" on the radio...very early in the mornings...3:30-4 o'clock...drive way out into the country to get away from the city lights...even took an australian girl one year (she was living with my wife and i...my wife wouldn't go after the year before)...

each time, pea-soup fog!!
    :x

what can you do i guess.
    maybe this year will be better
  • I remember last year everyone was all excited about Mars being sop close. Maybe we will be lucky enough this year to have another black out so we can see these "gifts from the sky" perfectly... :shock:
  • DJP wrote:
    You sure it wasn't a large ball of frozen poo? lmao (Joe Dirt)

LMAO :mrgreen:

not pet Rock :shock: