Buying A Poker Table, Chairs -- suggestions?

Hey,

Buying a Table for some home games, anyone have recommendations? I'm generally comparing to prices on my tables.com -- ie $500 CDN or less...including shipping (they are local to me). I'm In the GTA.

Want a 10-man holdem table with dealer tray.

Also, good sources for chairs?

Comments

• Well, if you have any sort of woodworking or building abilities, I'd say go ahead and build one yourself.

You could build yourself a VERY nice table for $500 CDN in materials. Much nicer than anything you'll buy for 500 CDN or less that is mass produced.

If youre not the do-it-yourself type, then I'd recommend going with a small local builder. If you can find someone to work cheaply enough, youll end up with a better product than a mass produced table.

The key is that, if youre looking for a table, and youre looking for one under $500 that is mass produced, youll likely be getting more or less a crappy table. The surface will be more like rough nylon than felt, the rails are shallow and the foams are cheap.

Spending the same ammount of money at a local builder will likely result in a product with better materials. Mass produced tables made with good materials are VERY expensive. Were talking up to 2500 US expensive for some of the nicer ones.

I have my table for sale still, and if you want it Im taking just about any offer at this point. However, there is no dealer tray so it's probably not what youre looking for. www.healyworks.com/poker/racetracktable.html if you want to see it.

If youre looking for a good budget priced table, you might want to take a look at Trevdogs stuff. He can make you a nice looking table with a dealer tray. The materials used arent the best, but they are almost certainly MUCH better than the stuff used in the Chinese mass produced tables. I think he has a link in his profile.

In general though, I can honestly say Ive never seen a mass produced table that cost less than $500 that was even close to a custom made table. So Id say 100% try and find a local builder.
  • Chairs at Costco for $13.99.

pics here: www.sitesparx.com/pokerpics

They are very comfortable. I bought 30 for my poker den. The tables you see I built myself. I sell them too.
  • Nice job, Mike. Those tables are awesome. Very creative.
  • Hey GTApoker

I have some poker tables coming in on Friday. I only have 25 tables coming in and many of them are pre-sold. If you are interested in one let me know ASAP. Here is a link with a pic http://www.straightpokersupplies.com/product_info.php?products_id=77&osCsid=0ea8cc926c99e42bb5de2db546a44453 The price is only $199.99 plus tax. My last shipment sold out in 3 days and I am expecting the same to happen with this shipment. I also live in the GTA 401 and 404 area. You may give me a call for more info at (416) 738-5025
  • Ryan,

That's a real nice table. I am debating picking it up, but have to look at how things go over the next month. What area are you located in? If you still have it in a few weeks i'll get in touch with ya.
  • I have a green 9 seat table w/dealer tray that has a very small slit in the vinyl arm rest I could sell you for $200

Otherwise I also carry new ones. I'll make you a better deal if you p/u in London.

http://theplayasclub.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=77&osCsid=3a6cb88f565b584275a4f0e9cac7b6d5
  • I will be receiving a third shipment of these tables during the first week of December. If you’re interested send me an email with your name and number. info@straightpokersupplies.com) I can call you with more info at a later time. Or if you are interested in taking a look at 1 of them when they come in on Friday we can also make arrangement for that.
  • You could also wait for Acesup to get a new shipment. I think he is sold out for now, but is ordering more. You can find out here.
    http://www.pokerforum.ca/forum/index.php?topic=4323.0
  • I purchased my chairs used at the ReStore. They operate via Habit For Humanity, collecting old housing stuff through donations. They have windows, doors, bathrooms fixtures and furniture.
    My chairs came from Manulife Insurance, after sitting in storage for about 10Y years.(Or so they told me) Since I bought all 8 at once, they let me have them all for $40. Not bad. After a quick cleaning and vacuuming, they were ready for play.

So, if you don't care where they come from, any second hand store might have what you are looking for, and you might get a good deal, too!!

JohnnieH
  • I'm not sure how far you would be willing to travel but I custom build race track tables out of Windsor.  The tables have a very professional look and feel to them.  The 10 man retails for $425 (as seen in picture) and the 8 man for $375.  The best table out there for the price but that's my biast opinion of course.  If you would like any additional information you can email me at ryantreverton@hotmail.com