Bonus Whoring Advise

Hi All:

Catchy subject eh?

Anyways, I am looking to take advantage of True Poker's current 50% bonus. I like the way they pay it out @ $5/100 raked hands. I was looking at playing the micro tables since they almost always rake and are generally pretty full.

A quick calculation based on the blinds (15 cents per rotation) and winning approx (conservative) 5% (2000 hands needed) of the pots at even $1.00 per pot should net about $170 profit on my $200 reload.

Any thoughs/comments? or should I stick with the $1/2 tables to whore around.

Hobbes

Comments

• The decision is based on your time value of money.

If $170 divided by the time it takes you to play all those hands is considered a significant amount of money per hour, then it's fine. (usually around $6/table/hour i believe)

If it's insufficient, then play bigger where your own BB/100 adds onto the bonus to create more money over the same time.
  • Hobbes wrote:
    Hi All:

Catchy subject eh?

Anyways, I am looking to take advantage of True Poker's current 50% bonus. I like the way they pay it out @ $5/100 raked hands. I was looking at playing the micro tables since they almost always rake and are generally pretty full.

A quick calculation based on the blinds (15 cents per rotation) and winning approx (conservative) 5% (2000 hands needed) of the pots at even $1.00 per pot should net about $170 profit on my $200 reload.

Any thoughs/comments? or should I stick with the $1/2 tables to whore around.

Hobbes

$5 for every 100 raked hands is not that great. There are alot of other sites that will give you better. I try and find 10 x bonus( $1 for every 10 raked hands).
  • Absolute has reloads a couple times a week(sometimes now only once a week 20 or 25%), at 10/100 hands.
    Paradise has a Halloween bonus coming up on October 29 25% at 10/100.

I would agree that 5/100 isn't that great of a bonus. But, free money is free money.
  • Thanks for the advice.

I think I'm gonna try Absolute.
    I developed a quick little spreadsheet to help me calculate my expected $/hr based
    on avg pot size, big bet, my expected win % (based on past expereience) and # of players at the table.
    That allowed me to compare various tables.

Playing a $1/$2 table at True Poker (where I usually play) should get me $40-50/hr playing on 2 tables.

Hobbes
  • Go www.bonuswhores.com
    They have a bonus grid.
  • Great Site.

thx.
  • One thing I wanted to add, don't deposit on any site unless you have enough to get the full bonus. Especially important for the bigger first deposit bonuses.
  • Already planned on that.... :D
  • zero wrote:
    One thing I wanted to add, don't deposit on any site unless you have enough to get the full bonus. Especially important for the bigger first deposit bonuses.

Except that many sites are all or none on clearing the bonus so the bigger the bonus the harder it will be to clear before the expiry date. Make sure you are aware how they release the bonus before you deposit.
  • Gionna pass on the all or nothing sites (You hear that PP) uless they are too good (200% lol)

Hobbes
  • Actually PP is not too bad. You can clear $150 there playing.5/1 limit if you multi table in 4-5 hours.

PokerRoom can be done fairly easily too if you play higher limits 2/4 or more - myabe 20-30 hours of play to clear a $200 bonus. otherwise it can be tough. But you do get 60 days.

Golden Palace Poker - forget it. I've been playing $1/2 limit 3 tables at a time (the max) a couple hours a day solidly for 3 weeks and I am just barely going to clear my $150 in time. They sent me another $100 - 100% bonus and I am NOT going through that again.

Same thing for Tiger Gaming - virtually impossible to clear a bonus of more than $100-150.