Article writing

Hey Dave,

I'm actually a working journalist\avid poker player. Just wondering on how I could get into writing articles for a poker mag.

Comments

• Submit.

We don't pay well, mind you.

And... be warned that in my experience there are A LOT of would be poker writers who submit articles that are, um, not very original. How many "play tight and aggressive" articles does one man need to read?

Speaking for CPP, I am really interested in articles that have to do with poker, but are not specifically about tactics and strategy. I have the tactics part well in hand. I am interested in articles that would be of interest to someone who is BRAND NEW to poker. They have seen it on TV and they bought Canadian Poker Player on the newsstand.

I am happy to look at ALL submissions. I suggest that anyone who is interested in submitting email me first with the idea since (1) I do not want to overlap; and (2) I might be able to give you more focus. There is a danger I suppose that I will simply steal your idea... trust me, I am busy enough and crave content badly enough that I do not have the time nor inclination. It is hard though. I write a weekly column for Buzz Daly and I sometimes find it hard to find something fresh to say.
  • Hey Dave. I e-mailed you at your canadianpokerplayer.com address. I think I forgot the subject so don't think it's spam! Talk to you later.

Jon
  • When you say "dont pay well" what range are you talking out of curiousity?

Thanks

I understand if you do not wish to answer

Thanks again

Biggy
  • Our standard length is 1200 words. We pay $100 for a standard column.