Canadian version of the free pokerchip offer available now.

Yes. It's coming, it will be live by the end of the week. It's not me that is doing it directly, it's a friend of mine (kind of a partnership type thing) so I can vouch that you'll get your chips, and there won't be additional costs for shipping in Canada (and you'll get em faster)

Here is what I can tell you:

*Opening date: May 28th 2004. Canadian site

*It will open under the name www.freepokerchips.net

*a $50 deposit will be required on EmpirePoker.com through the specific link provided.

*In return the new member will get a set of 300-11.5g dice or suited chips, 2 decks of playing cards and dice just like the other deal posted here for free.

For those that already are with Empire, there may also be the choice of ParadisePoker.com (not sure yet)

Comments

• Do we have to play 125 raked hands?
  • I'm under the impression you do not...but you need to play 100 to get the 20% deposit bonus from Empire.

So, at least it's 25 fewer hands to play. Details on whether or not you have to play 'X' number of hands will surely be posted on freepokerchips.net
  • The deal is up and running! http://www.freepokerchips.net/
  • i played the hands on sunday
    just waiting on the set...hopefully by the weekend :)
  • Dan808 wrote:
    i played the hands on sunday
    just waiting on the set...hopefully by the weekend :)
    Dan808, do you play at Party too? :unsure:

thanks,
    CO :shock:
  • this used to say the same thing as the next one down there
    !!
    !!
    !!
    \/

but since we can't delete posts, i just put this crap.
  • nope. [see the my other post under the free party gear section].
    and, truth be known, it was actually my wife playing for me over at empire. not bad for her first time out.
  • Dan808 wrote:
    nope. [see the my other post under the free party gear section].

OIC :wink: thx :D
  • Has anyone received their "free" chips yet... I was wondering if they send u an email when the ship them or anything like that. I signed up on June 3rd and played a few hundred 'raked' hands by Friday evening and was just looking for a time frame.

--Mike
  • reply from freepokerchips.net

Thank you for your email. We receive weekly updates from Empire on signups
    through our site every Tuesday. On the 8th, we should receive verification
    of your signup and send your set on the 9th. Being in the GTA, and assuming
    Empire does verify your new signup, you should have your set by the weekend!

Thank you,

FreePokerChips.net
  • Received today:

Hello, Bill!

We got confirmation from Empire and will be sending your set tomorrow! :)

Thanks,

FreePokerChips.net

*Check back soon for more offers to earn FREE poker stuff! (World poker tour
    on DVD, software, and more) Be sure to tell your friends to sign up for
    this offer!
  • I got the same message today! Woot! Thanks again Sloth!

I LOVE THIS FORUM! :D
  • Is this for real?? Sounds too good to be true.
  • If Sloth posts it, it's real!
  • yes it's real. I assure you.
  • I just played my 50 hands on the weekend. I hope to get an email about the chips this week.

If you are trying to play the required hands, while spending the least amount of cash there is one thing to note. Empire requires the hands to be "raked", which requires a minimum of $5 in the pot. I notice that I actually had to play closer to 65 hands to make the 50-raked hand requirement. This was, I think, because I was sitting at a low pot size table (it showed $4 at the lobby), which was my mistake. Nice thing was that when I did post the BB I usually could check my way to the flop and made a couple of hands worth playing. End of the day, I recouped all my blinds and some, by betting into only 4 hands which I won.

I look forward to getting the chips though.

dig
  • I played at Empire this weekend as well. I used a link on freepokerchips.net and notified them with the required info yesterday. Looking forward to the chips.
    Just a side note here. The .5/$1 tables at Empire are SOFT!
  • Has anyone recieved their chips yet? It has been over a week since i received an email from freepokerchips stating that they will ship the chips the next day. I live only 40 minutes away from Toronto so i don't think it's been in the mail for 7 days.
  • my wife got her email on june 2nd saying they'd be shipped soon, and she got her chips yesterday, the 16th.

so, yep, someone has got them.
    and she's happy with them of course.
  • How were they shipped? Mail, UPS, etc. Inquiring minds want to know. :lol:
  • I got a pick up notice when I got home today. It's from Canada Post, I have to pick it up tomorrow, since I haven't ordered anything lately, I'm guessing these are my chips...I'll let you know tomorrow!
  • Anonymous wrote:
    Has anyone recieved their chips yet? It has been over a week since i received an email from freepokerchips stating that they will ship the chips the next day. I live only 40 minutes away from Toronto so i don't think it's been in the mail for 7 days.

I'm in the same boat...I am sure they will come eventually but they shouldn't say they are shipping them the next day if they aren't.
  • esool wrote:
    Anonymous wrote:
    Has anyone recieved their chips yet? It has been over a week since i received an email from freepokerchips stating that they will ship the chips the next day. I live only 40 minutes away from Toronto so i don't think it's been in the mail for 7 days.

I'm in the same boat...I am sure they will come eventually but they shouldn't say they are shipping them the next day if they aren't.

I'm similar as well, I signed up.. sent them my info on June 10 or so.. they were going to check my stats on tuesday/wednesday of this week. I havent heard anything, and they haven't replied to my emails.

I understand this is probably just a 'hobby' business, but still doesnt give the confidence you'd expect.
  • above msg is from me, forgot to sign in.. and didnt realize guests could post. :shock:
  • I am in the same boat, waiting to hear about the chips. I just sent an e-mail to inquire. I'll update as soon as I hear back.
  • Woot! I just picked them up! Thanks Sloth!
  • I got an email reply.

I'm not showing up in the list of people refered. Checking with Empire on it now, and to see how many raked hands i've played.

*update* Quick reply from empire, i'm at 117 raked hands and a diff department does the referals.. so waiting on that reply.. And everything seems to be outsourced to India, if no one has noticed already.
  • I received an e-mail that the chips have been sent and I should get them next week sometime. Sweet!
  • I just got a call from my wife saying my chips have arrived. I was expecting an email from the provider, but didn't get one. I played my hands on the 13th, and just figured I would get an email this week, but the chips just showed up today. Just on time for my home game next week.

Thanks Sloth for putting us onto this promotion.

dig
  • The chips were just delivered. Nice set in nice case. Everyone should take advantage of this offer.

Hammer