Poker Theme Music

You make the final table at some big tournament, and the final table will be televised. The TV producers tell you that, for the start of the show, each player will walk in with much hoopla in the style of the WWE, UFC, or similar. They ask you to select the music to be played while you are walking in.

Your choice?

ScottyZ

Comments

• Wow, great topic. How do you pick something that won't be lame and cheesy?

You could go over the top with cheese... like maybe the Rocky Theme Song. :D

You could pick some gwor type death metal so people know you aren't afriad of death, let alone some card game. Intimidation factor?

Ride of the Valkeries? "I love the smell of chips in the morning!"

Or you could pick the highly Gay.gif theme song from the show Friends, and hope your opponents HIGHLY underestimate your skill.

Wow, choices.

Wait, I know! If this was a tourney outside of Canada, I may decide to play some Tragically Hip or something they probably don't know. Then I would come in moshing to Little Bones with a t-shirt from Molson Canadian stating that "I AM CANADIAN"... then they would think you were crazy... a crazy Canadian... no wait, that's taken.

K, I've decided.

Baby Ran, 54-40. 8)
  • Either the beginning-ish parts of 'Where the Streets Have No Name' by U2 or 'Won't Get Fooled Again' by The Who. I know that the U2 song is often used as a way to start a hockey game, but it would still be effective.

Great topic. So great, in fact, that I reserve the right to change my answers pending further reflection. Also pending seeing other people's answers.

Regards,
    all_aces

ps: djw, The Hip is also a great choice. I might be more in favour of '50 Mission Cap', though.
  • all_aces wrote:
    Either the beginning-ish parts of 'Where the Streets Have No Name' by U2

Great choice. I had that on my short list.
    Great topic. So great, in fact, that I reserve the right to change my answers pending further reflection. Also pending seeing other people's answers.

Ditto!
    ps: djw, The Hip is also a great choice. I might be more in favour of '50 Mission Cap', though.

That's my favorite Hip song, but it didn't have the mosh factor that I needed for my idea. :D

How about Metallica - Master of Puppets? That has a pretty kick-ass start. :D
  • Right here right now - Van Halen 8)
  • i'll take Uncle Kracker's version of the StoneCold entry theme...

*glasses break* and vroom vroom i come out in the ATV and drive around the table a couple times

LMAO :mrgreen:

:shock:
  • I'd probably request that "Eye of the Tiger" song.. 8)
  • The chorus to "The Gambler" by Kenny!
  • Knee jerk reaction -- Led Zeppelin, the Immigrant Song. Great riff!
  • Led Zeppelin, the Immigrant Song. Great riff

Very nice. My third answer (probably not my last) is Zeppelin's 'Kashmere'. I think that's how those crazy rockers spelt it, anyways...
  • Faith No More's song "Epic"

"You want it all but you can't have it." 8)
  • Something by kid rock since I would be wearing a bright RED leather suit w/matching big hat and no shirt, and a $ medallion on a necklace. :lol: :oops:
    I am tall skinny dude btw.. :lol:
  • Oh, of course -- Black Sabbath "Iron Man"! :D
  • Definitely All Eyes On Me by Tupac 8)
  • Now that I think about it

"Gimme the Loot" by Biggy
  • Oo oo, I got a new one.

The Million Dollar Man's WWF theme music.

"Mon-ay, mon-ay, mon-ay, mon-ayyyy!!!"

I miss old school WWF...
  • Jay wrote:
    Oo oo, I got a new one.

The Million Dollar Man's WWF theme music.

"Mon-ay, mon-ay, mon-ay, mon-ayyyy!!!"

I miss old school WWF...

HaHa I luv it :mrgreen:

use it for the Final Table :mrgreen:

• got a lot of good choice out there. Mine would be a coin toss right now.

Sanatarium-metallica
    or
    headstrong-trapt
  • Any metallica would be a good choice...darn need Confused_One's rocker emoticons :(
  • Any metallica would be a good choice...darn need Confused_One's rocker emoticons :(

Guitarman.gifband2.gif

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! banger.gif
  • LMAO!! :lol::lol:

Now THAT is what I'm talking about!! :D
  • Hmmm,

I would probably have to say the instrumental opening to Still DRE by Dr. DRE. Also, taking a line from "Forgot About DRE," I would be wearing a t-shirt that said Players try to be the king but the Ace is back. Now, for the more observant of you, you will recognize that the song says something much much worse than "players," but the shirt wouldn't make sense if I put the original word on there!
  • LMAO!! :lol::lol:

Now THAT is what I'm talking about!! :D

banger.gif
  • "Hobo Humpin' Slobo Babe" by Whale

ScottyZ