Yikes!

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Northeast/05/16/con.poker.ap/index.html

A guy skipped his court apperance to go play in the WSOP :D

Comments

• I guess he thought he might as well get a couple more days of poker in and may as well play in the WSOP as he won't be seeing a table for some time!
  • *shrugs*

I'd do the same thing...
  • Does anything happen since he skipped?
  • I'm sure the judge may up the original sentence he was going give him. There is probably some law against skipping a court appearance too.
  • I'd do the same in a heartbeat LOL :D
  • Maybe the judge will be a big poker fan and be forgiving ;)
  • Strahl was scheduled to be sentenced Friday, but faxed Citta from Las Vegas to say he was playing in the World Series of Poker to win money to make restitution to his victims. The letter said he had made $5,000 so far.

Sounds like Dutch Boyd
  • LOL, he sounds pretty confident. He needs to go a long way to pay back the $1.8 million he owes tho
  • vinsanity wrote:
    Strahl was scheduled to be sentenced Friday, but faxed Citta from Las Vegas to say he was playing in the World Series of Poker to win money to make restitution to his victims. The letter said he had made $5,000 so far.

Sounds like Dutch Boyd

Haha, it does. Does Dutch Boyd owe that much!?
  • It is Brian Strahl, not Dutch Boyd.
  • I know its not him, just making a joke.
  • Just informating Jay there. It would have been funny if it were in fact Boyd.
  • I already knew it was a joke... 8)
  • LOL, fair enough. Hey Jay, in another thread you posted a good lay down with A-J...how did that hand turnout?
  • I would've lost with my ace-high to the guy with J's.
  • Tilter wrote:
    I guess he thought he might as well get a couple more days of poker in and may as well play in the WSOP as he won't be seeing a table for some time!

true...true :lol: