Damn Party Poker! I'm a Stud Fish!

lol Twice now I've joined the 7k guaranteed 7 card stud tourny thinking it was holdem lolol

I'm so dumb

On a lighter side though I made the money tonight  :D  I finished in 26th out of 440 people  Guessing 44% of those where holdem players like me !!!

tough game when you don't have a clue. I did pretty well though
I tried to be patient and play tight aggressive and it worked well
I was in top 20% all tourny and was as high as 1st 2nd and 3rd for almost 2 rounds of levels...

I did make to many mistakes not knowing when to lay down or give up on bluffs... I kept getting into trouble playing my show cards instead of hands..

I remember one a guy called me down all the way when I had something like 789  :h: T  :c:  showing,,  Hed had QQ  lol

cost to enter 22$
money won   66$

lessons learned..  not to enter the dang stud tourny no more....   :D :fish: :fish:

Comments

• Tigerscott wrote:
    I remember one a guy called me down all the way when I had something like 789  :h: T  :c:  showing,,  Hed had QQ  lol
    Nice job on money'ing.
    But that guy with QQ is an IDIOT :fish: lol
  • The worst part of my whole tale was that I joined this same stud tourny not 1 time BUT TWICE!!!... on different weekends lol Ya think I'd learn.
  • I did something similar once and join a Limit Hold'em SnG, I couldn't figure out why people were only raising the amounts of the blinds.
  • hmmmmm I never realized it's not that I'm a good stud player on party but half my opponenets entered the wrong tourney. I've had a first, second and lots of other cashes. I do play aggressive and had lots of early bust outs too. I prefer the 4:30 stud tourney in terms of quality of players.