3 main strategic differences between NL and L holdem

I play LLHE and watch the NL on tv and was wondering what you would say to be the 3 main strategic differences between the two other than the bluffing? Thanks for your input

Comments

• 1) You can bet any amount preflop
    2) You can bet any amount on the flop
    3) You canbet any amount on the turn

Heres the 4th one for free:

4) You can bet any amount on the river.

Other than that, they play the same.
  • I am really a beginner myself but the biggest differences for me are:

1) pot odds/implied odds - these can be manipulated more in no-limit, a large bet can push people out that couldn't be pushed out in limit, but on the flip side the implied odds can justify some calls that one can't in limit
    2) stack size - the amount of chips you have compared to the others in the hand becomes alot more of a factor, I will be more likely to call or raise with less of a hand early (preflop/flop) if I know you will be out of chips and I can see the rest of the cards cheaply or free.
    3) position - be much more sure of early position raises as the amount you can be re-raised can easily make you decide you just wasted some money.
  • (1) Implied odds -- You can win A LOT of chips on future streets in no-limit hold'em. Chips you will win are implied odds. This is a much bigger factor in no-limit.

(2) Offering your opponent the ability to make a mistake -- Sadly, it is not generally the brilliance of your play, but rather the bad play on the part of your opponents that create profit. The magnitude of errors in no-liimit is more apparent. And, you can manipulate the betting such that you can offer your opponents the opportunity to screw up, monumentally.

(3) Not seeking to double -- Too many players seek to double through. This is not the way to play no-limit (IMHO). The big double will come, but it is not the goal. This is not really a difference, but it is important to consider when playing no-limit.