What is the biggest online tournament ever held?

Played in a freeroll with 5,000 people the other day - yep, 5,000. I thought that was crazy (side note: I was in for over 4.5 hrs and was out in 49th and got sqat !)

Got me thinking: Are there tourneys much bigger than 5,000 people online?

What have you guys seen in your lives? I am guessing there are multi-day tourneys that might start up at the same time daily over consecutive nights but I am asking about a single non-stop event.

What is the Biggest you have seen?

Comments

• Sorry to keep doing this but was it PokerStars?  I think it was there I played in my largest freeroll and it was 5k of people.  It could have been another site it's hard to remember.  So while it seems almost silly yeah 5000 sounds right.  I played about as long as you did and earned zero for like 13th!  I know for sure I was in the top 30.  Hmm, it's somehow dubious that tourney lured me into depositing there.
  • Used to play in PS freerolls before I put money online with over 6800+ people.
  • Royal Vegas Poker...checked out their site recently (free $10 just for opening real $ acct)...they have a 'Poker Bowl' freeroll @ 1pm daily that seats up to 10,000 (i've actually seen 8500 to start)...it's a $1000 freeroll where top 3 finishers get a $200 seat, and the rest get the remaining $400.   :D
  • I've played in, and finished in the top 20 btw, some prima network freerolls that have had 12,000+ players. No kidding. They used to get much more players before they started the 'pokerbowl' freerolls.

stp
  • The one I was playing in waz on UB.

Looks like 12,000 is the biggest posted so far. That absolutely blows my mind. That could have taken like 8 hrs...
  • I feel sick.
  • Wow man that sucks. Here are two good freerolls going on.

www.bet365poker.com They have 5x 20K Freerolls the next 5 saturdays in a row. top 1000 paid, so easy cash (probably 4000 max sign up)

MILLION DOLLAR FREEROLL:
    http://www.paradisepoker.com/promotions/2005/million_freeroll/

Basically -

You get one free shot at a satellite. There will be 3 satellites daily starting July 1 until August 26.

You can get a second (and more) free shot at a satellite by earning 100 points by playing raked hands.

Top 10/20/30 in satellite (depending on time of day of satellite) get into big tourney.

Final table (10) fly to a tropical island and play live for $1,000,000 and TV coverage.