Is Pokerstars really that bad?

Pokerstars is the only online site I play at, and every now and then someone complains about how terrible it is with the beats. Wanted to know if anyone has played on stars and other sites and can say that it really is bad.

Comments

• Yep, it's somehow horribly rigged in my favour.  I attribute it to making a deposit every bonus offer and never ever taking my money out.  I read my money is in escrow with the Royal Bank of Scotland so that's cool.
  • lol, yeah... I've said it before, but it was always in jest. I've never seen anything on PokerStars that leads me to believe that there's any problems.

Zero, you play 1/2 limit? I think we've played a few hands?
  • Can't resist. Stars is rigged. I don't care.
  • Zero, you play 1/2 limit? I think we've played a few hands?

Ya I play that limit. My pic is the same as the one I have here. Who are you?
  • Same name, avatar is a picture of Calvin, from Calvin & Hobbes. I did recognize your avatar and name.
  • ya, i do remember a calvin pic.
  • pkrfce9 wrote:
    Can't resist. Stars is rigged. I don't care.

hahaha
  • The site of horrendous bad beats. I am continually amazed at the number of 2 or 4 outers that hit on the river to knock me out of SNGs.

Argh! Lee Jones is no friend of mine.

See you there for the forum tourney tonight. :rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:
  • pkrfce9 wrote:
    The site of horrendous bad beats. I am continually amazed at the number of 2 or 4 outers that hit on the river to knock me out of SNGs.

Argh! Lee Jones is no friend of mine.

See you there for the forum tourney tonight. :rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

I'll see if I can make one one those 2 or 4 outers for ya :D
  • LOL Rigged!! Do not accuse them of being rigged they will send you a generic email response about all the testing and other good stuff they do. LOL the site is a joke. Rakes are good for them on every hand thou
  • Well,

This is interesting: I loaded all of playr 'Exclusive' (noah boeken) 100 / 200 hands from Pokerstars into poker tracke and had a good long look at the results. now this was only around 45k hands, but seemingly its normal. He was up 65k on aces, as well as all the other big hands. The strongest hand that was consistently down was kq.

i dont think the 100 200 is rigged. Brutal beats happen in poker and they especially stick out in a NL tourney when one beat can spell a waste of hours AND hours of playin. The owner stan guy reminds me of satan whenever I look at him.
  • How's this for a bad beat?!

PokerStars Game #2034833564: Hold'em No Limit ($2/$4) - 2005/07/04 - 23:19:29 (ET)
    Table 'Fechtig' Seat #9 is the button
    Seat 1: hoffstevens ($156 in chips)
    Seat 2: Tunafishin ($113 in chips)
    Seat 3: kamakyn ($403.50 in chips)
    Seat 4: steve 2006 ($169.15 in chips)
    Seat 5: hughjazz6969 ($397.85 in chips)
    Seat 6: rdegs21 ($430.40 in chips)
    Seat 7: kpizzey ($412.35 in chips)
    Seat 8: lobojiji ($400 in chips)
    Seat 9: cove41269 ($90.55 in chips)
    hoffstevens: posts small blind $2
    Tunafishin: posts big blind $4
    lobojiji: posts big blind $4
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to hughjazz6969 [Ks Kd]
    kamakyn: folds
    steve 2006: folds
    hughjazz6969: raises $8 to $12
    rdegs21: folds
    kpizzey: calls $12
    lobojiji: calls $8
    cove41269: calls $12
    hoffstevens: folds
    Tunafishin: calls $8
    *** FLOP *** [Qc Kh 3d]
    Tunafishin: checks
    hughjazz6969: bets $10
    kpizzey: calls $10
    lobojiji: raises $378 to $388 and is all-in
    cove41269: folds
    Tunafishin: folds
    hughjazz6969: calls $375.85 and is all-in
    kpizzey: folds
    *** TURN *** [Qc Kh 3d] [Jh]
    *** RIVER *** [Qc Kh 3d Jh] [6h]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    hughjazz6969: shows [Ks Kd] (three of a kind, Kings)
    lobojiji: shows [Ah Qh] (a flush, Ace high)
    lobojiji collected $840.70 from pot
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot $843.70 | Rake $3
    Board [Qc Kh 3d Jh 6h]
    Seat 1: hoffstevens (small blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 2: Tunafishin (big blind) folded on the Flop
    Seat 3: kamakyn folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 4: steve 2006 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 5: hughjazz6969 showed [Ks Kd] and lost with three of a kind, Kings
    Seat 6: rdegs21 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 7: kpizzey folded on the Flop
    Seat 8: lobojiji showed [Ah Qh] and won ($840.70) with a flush, Ace high
    Seat 9: cove41269 (button) folded on the Flop
  • I had to laugh but I feel your pain.

You gotta raise more pre-flop to get them chasers out. But I'd have to guess he would have called whatever you bet so it wouldn't have affected the outcome.

Can't blame the guy though. He had a runner runner draw for a royal OR quads! Put him on the top of your buddy list.
  • :s: :d: :c: :h:

All the sites are rigged!! LOL (not just PS) - here are my bad beats for today in UltimateBet tourneys

(NLHE)Flop the Ace high nut flush - go all-in and get called - lose to (runner/runner) full boat :'(

(Omaha 08b)Flop the full boat - get all-in and get called - lose to (runner/runner) straight flush :'(:'(

I cannot wait until the tourney tonight!!! Things can't be any worse on Stars!!(or can they!?!) :D