I Stroked the Beaver

Amy Calistri's Poker Blog

I Stroked the Beaver :D

I was pretty excited to watch young Canadian Devon Armstrong make the final table of the $1500 limit event. Devon is a talented player and columnist for Canadian Poker Player, who has had an unbelievable track record online. He also has a very balance perspective to poker and life. His expanding poker bankroll has not influenced him to give up his day job as a television camera operator. And his girlfriend, although back in Canada, was kept in the Vegas loop through a constant barrage of emails, forum posts, phone calls that rivaled the communications network of a large corporation.

Devon was the youngest member of Team Canuck, a strange but talented collection of Canadian players trying to take the WSOP by storm…or at least to win enough to pay the beer tab. Devon did not get many breaks at the final table, and at one point asked me to stroke the beaver figurine that Team Canuck uses as their good luck talisman. And while the beaver did not produce a bracelet, Devon's 6th place finish and $72,380 did pay for a few beers.

http://www.pokerpages.com/blog/calistri.php?itemid=482

i need to get my hand on that beaver!!! ;)

Comments

• Excellent post!
  • i need to get my hand on that beaver!!! ;)
    Devon's or Amy's?

She got all excited and stroked the beaver. Hmmm. Sounds like something worthy of a Forum story. Just not this forum...
  • pkrfce9 wrote:
    i need to get my hand on that beaver!!! ;)
    Devon's or Amy's?

She got all excited and stroked the beaver. Hmmm. Sounds like something worthy of a Forum story. Just not this forum...

LOL :D
  • Sounds like it belongs in the Penthouse Forum.............