Can you lay it down v2

Taking a page out of shannon's book ...

Hand #6707665-42 at Fri5pmA-006 (No Limit tournament Hold'em)
Powered by UltimateBet
Started at 24/Jun/05 17:38:24

pepochino is at seat 0 with 5155.
Psi_K is at seat 1 with 4890.
dealer6 is at seat 2 with 750.
MacDavis47 is at seat 3 with 5025.
idontno is at seat 4 with 3010.
GoBucs is at seat 5 with 4040.
TMCMAHON is at seat 6 with 1365.
csbronco is at seat 7 with 665.
XxXKILLER1XxX is at seat 8 with 2760.
Silver3agle is at seat 9 with 3750.
The button is at seat 7.

XxXKILLER1XxX posts the small blind of 100.
Silver3agle posts the big blind of 200.

pepochino: -- --
Psi_K: K :d:  J :d:
dealer6: -- --
MacDavis47: -- --
idontno: -- --
GoBucs: -- --
TMCMAHON: -- --
csbronco: -- --
XxXKILLER1XxX: -- --
Silver3agle: -- --

Pre-flop:

pepochino folds. Psi_K calls. dealer6 folds.
MacDavis47 folds. idontno folds. GoBucs folds.
TMCMAHON folds. csbronco folds. XxXKILLER1XxX
calls. Silver3agle checks.

Flop (board: T :d:  8 :h:  8 :d:  ):

XxXKILLER1XxX checks. Silver3agle bets 200. Psi_K
calls. XxXKILLER1XxX folds.

Turn (board: T :d:  8 :h:  8 :d:  5 :d:  ):

Silver3agle bets 2500. Psi_K folds, showing Kd Jd.
Silver3agle is returned 2500 (uncalled).

Highlight over for results.

Comments

• Nope, I don't see any reason to think I'm not good here most of the time.
  • Showing that fold is so much worse than just folding..
  • If I called the flop bet, I wouldn't lay that down on the turn EVER. What the hell were you hoping to see on the turn? Once in a while you'll lose but not likely. Unless he's playing at the third level or beyond, that was a horrid bet.

Ya, never show you'll lay down a monster to a big bet. You can expect to get raped regularly after that.
  • What the hell were you hoping to see on the turn?

I think thats a narrow view of poker.

You have to account for your opponents actions too. The flush card hits the turn and Villian is happily pushing a massive stack of chips into the pot. Doesn't a little warning sign go off here?
  • BBC Z wrote:
    Doesn't a little warning sign go off here?
    What, that he's gotten a boat and hopes the opponent has hit his flush? It's possible but why wouldn't he wait for Mr. Flushy to put some chips in the pot then? It doesn't make sense to me. No rush to get those chips in now.

Only thing he could be worried about is maybe he has a weak flush, 2 pr or trips and doesn't want someone to draw out on him. You've already got him beaten then. I'd have to call.
  • I probably call. It looks like a bet that does not want to be called, to me.

It will, however, depend upon what I think of this player. And, the size of the buy in. In a $10 tournament it's an automatic call. In a $1,000 tournament I am more leery of my unknown opponents.
  • I probably call. It looks like a bet that does not want to be called, to me.

It will, however, depend upon what I think of this player. And, the size of the buy in. In a $10 tournament it's an automatic call. In a $1,000 tournament I am more leery of my unknown opponents.

I concur...
  • Hmmm, my thoughts:

Silver was in the BB (posted 200) and checked it preflop, then bet out 200 on the flop and then 2500 on the turn.  That is 2900 chips bet out of his/her 3750 chips.  Either he/she liked the flop and loved the turn or got scared when the flush draw hit and was trying to push everyone off (as Dave stated).

With you holding the two diamonds in your hand, the chances of Silver having two diamonds is dramatically lessened.  And the odds of Silver have Ax of diamonds even lesser still.  I wouldn't be too worried about the Ace high flush, my concern would be a poorly played full house.

My decision?? - well, I'd probably use every second of my time limit to decide.

If it were me playing a smaller tourney, I might have called - and Silver would proudly cash in with his/her 8-5o.  :D  But that is just my online luck it seems.
  • 88Fingers wrote:
    My decision?? - well, I'd probably use every second of my time limit to decide.

If it were me playing a smaller tourney, I might have called - and Silver would proudly cash in with his/her 8-5o.  :D  But that is just my online luck it seems.
    And unfortunately for some reason, I had 8-5o ringing in my head going *this is online, you just made your monster but obviously you're no good*
    Maybe I :fish:'d this one up, I don't know.
    Something certaining smelt very odd :'(
  • I think you played scared, no offense intended but I don't think you can fold that being scared of Ax :d:
    IMHO it's an easy call.

I guess being in the BB he could be playing something like T8 or T5 but I think he was on a bluff and I think in the long run your call will take the pot down.

If you fold that every time sure you will not lose any more chips that hand and you may make the money but I think if you call most times you'll take that pot down and be in a much better position to win the tournament.