Seat 2: posts small blind (100)
HERO  posts big blind (200)

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to HERO [ A :s:, Q :s: ]
Seat 6:  raises (600) to 600
Seat 7: folds.
Seat 1: folds.
Seat 2: folds.

Re-raise, go All In, or call? Dave, how would you play this?

thanks,
CO  :c:

*other CPF members can answer as well, i would love to hear your opinions :) thx

Comments

• Table Quarter Million Sub Qualifier (Real Money) –

What is the payout structure?

Assuming there is a prize for first place only, I'd move all-in here against most types of opponents.

You have a somewhat short, but not desparately short stack, and you have a very strong hand against the probable holdings of a 5-handed open-raiser.

The fact that (I think) you need to eventually win all the chips matters a great deal. To be honest, I'd probably still move in if this was an STT with standard payout structure, but if this is a winner-take-all tourney, moving in is even more clear cut IMO.

ScottyZ
  • I am gonig to play the hand. It's too strong to fold. So, call or raise?

If I raise, it will be all-in since the chips are relatively shallow. So, I can move in offering the big stack a call of 1130 into a pot of 2430. He is getting a little better than 2-1. He has to figure that he is getting close odds on his call (if he thinks about this sort of thing). So, on balance, I figure that this play will add some fold equity and I will move in.

If I do not think that THIS player will fold in THIS situation then go hunting foxes in the dark. Call and move in on the flop no matter what comes.
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    Table Quarter Million Sub Qualifier (Real Money) –

What is the payout structure?

ScottyZ
    1st and 2nd gets a seat to Quarter Million Qualifier STT
    3rd gets $8 :D
  • If I do not think that THIS player will fold in THIS situation then go hunting foxes in the dark. Call and move in on the flop no matter what comes.
      great advice. thx Dave! :)