all_aces on the teevee Aug.23

Not sure if this is mentioned anywhere on the site, but ESPN will air Devin's final table espisode of limit on August 23rd at 9pm, this according to ESPN's website. Looks like the main reason is that the winner is the youngest bracelet owner, which I suppose is good TV. No word on any carriers here yet.

Comments

• No word on any carriers here yet.

It's usually TSN. I'm setting the over/under for the Canadian air date at Feb 13, 2007.

ScottyZ
  • LMFAO............I will take the OVER................
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    No word on any carriers here yet.

It's usually TSN. I'm setting the over/under for the Canadian air date at Feb 13, 2007.

ScottyZ

LMAO...January 2010 :D
  • I hope never.  I'm afraid that I'll look like an idiot... not for most of my plays, but certainly for my last one.  I spend my nights thinking about how Norman Chad is going to cut me to pieces with one well thought-out phrase, as I cap it preflop with pocket deuces for the last of my chips. 

Well, OK, I don't spend all my nights thinking about that, but probably more time than is healthy.

The interview part might be cool, and if they show my two king-high turn bluffs, that'd be cool too.  The last hand will be a train wreck, as well as the bust-out interview.

Anticipation and dread, anticipation and dread.  I'm going to watch the episode through the cracks between my fingers that will be covering my eyes, like I did when I watched 'The Grudge'.
  • I hope my dishnet is still up for ESPN then, so I can tape it. lol

Hey Devin, did you go to the Degree? (Frankly, I think you should have been an invitee, just for doing that well at the WSOP.
  • all_aces wrote:
    I hope never.  I'm afraid that I'll look like an idiot... not for most of my plays, but certainly for my last one.  I spend my nights thinking about how Norman Chad is going to cut me to pieces with one well thought-out phrase, as I cap it preflop with pocket deuces for the last of my chips. 

Well, OK, I don't spend all my nights thinking about that, but probably more time than is healthy.

The interview part might be cool, and if they show my two king-high turn bluffs, that'd be cool too.  The last hand will be a train wreck, as well as the bust-out interview.

Anticipation and dread, anticipation and dread.  I'm going to watch the episode through the cracks between my fingers that will be covering my eyes, like I did when I watched 'The Grudge'.
    they should add this episode to the WSOP 2005 DVD set  :D
    lookiin' forward to it ;)
  • CO, part of me wants them to do just that, and part of me doesn't.  We'll see if it makes the cut.

Fludlerk, I entered the Degree lottery, but wasn't selected.  Interestingly enough, I found out from someone a few months ago (I actually saw the email) that the TSN/Degree poker people were after my contact info, presumably to use me in some sort of an advisory role.  Unfortunately, I never heard anything from them, and I got so busy that I didn't bother chasing after them about it.  It's probably a good thing that it never came to fruition.

If you're in the Degree tournament, I wish you the best of luck.  Hopefully the blind structure they've selected will be better than that of a certain other company's recent 'freeroll contest' structure... I'm pretty sure it will be a decent event.
  • Hi All Aces (and congrats!)

Regarding the Degree Poker Championship, I've heard that you work for TSN (through various posts....) I work for CKCO in Kitchener, a CTV affiliate and was accepted into the Degree tourney until I read the fine print that says no employee of TSN or any CTV affiiliate can enter....bummer!
  • Hi Padge,

I wasn't sure if that exemption applied to me or not, as I'm not actually 'staff' for CTV/TSN.  I'm a freelance operator, although CTV/TSN happen to be, by far and away, my biggest clients.

What a disappointment it would have been if I was accepted, and then disqualified.  Or, if I was accepted, and played to the final table, and THEN was disqualified.  ;)

The good news for you/us is that with the success of these poker-related promotions, there will undoubtedly be many more of them to come from other companies in the future.
  • DevinArmstrong.jpg

i see the beaver!  :D

"Fear the beaver, baby! Fear the beaver!" ;)
  • Thanks for posting that CO... I checked out some pictures at www.worldseriesofpoker.com and www.cardplayer.com ... that was one of my faves.  I actually look maybe a little intimidating.  Maybe I'm kidding myself.  Not PHYSICALLY intimidating, of course... I'm not the biggest guy in the world... but you know, maybe, just maybe, a little intimidating at the table. 

Maybe not.

:)
  • that might be a 'i know that you know that i know you are looking at my beaver look'  :D
    lol that didn't sound right 

angrybeaver :p
  • I actually look maybe a little intimidating.

You definitely do look very intimidating...

J6breaktime.jpg

...relative to the beaver.

ScottyZ
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    I actually look maybe a little intimidating.

You definitely do look very intimidating...

J6breaktime.jpg

...relative to the beaver.

ScottyZ

Priceless  :D
  • Don't u think u guys are all being a little hard on the beaver??????????????
  • Don't u think u guys are all being a little hard on the beaver??????????????
    not at all...need to stroke the beaver for good luck :D
    and win the main event

'fear the beaver, baby! fear the beaver!'