Pacific Poker?

Does anyone play on this site??
i've been playin on the play money part of the site ... it shows the rake and stuff
was playing on hte 3/6 limit games ... is the rake reasonable??
it's like $1.95 on a 40 bucks pot
i'm think my next buy in will be with them ... and negative part for this site?

Comments

• hate it!

software is horrible, you can't multi-table...just didn't care for it.
  • I play there.

I don't mind it, except for the numerous disconnects. But their Customer Service is very good, quick to respond to both emails and phone calls.

I don't multi table, so not being able to do that hasn't affected me at all.

They have a whole range of games, limits, tourny's running all the time etc.

I would rate it 6.5/10.
  • Why would you pay rake to a site that you only rate 6.5/10?????????????????????????????????????????
  • Because the players are about a 1/10 on the skill-o-meter..

If theres any site where the play at a level closely resembles a B&M game, it's pacific.
  • haven't played there in awhile
    no reload bonus :D no play ;)
  • Bad software, can't multitable. But it has the weakest 3/6 and 5/10 games I've ever seen on-line. The 5-10 is probably on par with the play at the BCC in the same game the one time I was there. This easily makes up for the software problems. Stay off my tables though us newfies love the :fish:.
  • SirWatts wrote:
    Bad software, can't multitable.  But it has the weakest 3/6 and 5/10 games I've ever seen on-line.  The 5-10 is probably on par with the play at the BCC in the same game the one time I was there. This easily makes up for the software problems.  Stay off my tables though us newfies love the  :fish:.
    agree with the bad software. the following happened when i played there few months ago:
    i just moved to a new table, get dealt KK, i want to raise, and the screen said illegal move ???
    and folded my hand  :'(
  • I don't know about the reload bonus, but they seem to credit me $5.00 every week or so, and I haven't reloaded for awhile.

As for the rake, I play mostly in the tourny's so they don't get too much rake from me. I find people actually play better and smarter in the tourny's than they do at the 1/2, 2/4, 3/6 or 5/10 tables. I don't get nearly as many bad beats now. :D
  • Played on here last night when PokerStars went down and wow, terrible players. their 5/10 games average 50-70% to the flop.

I signed up previously for the $10 bonus and played a couple tournaments then stopped playing. Went back yesterday and took a shot at their micro limit tables and doubled up to $5 (wow). I think I'm going to play there more often. Looks pretty weak.