bad bet

Well 1st of all i wana say hello to all the forum members out there i'm new to the forum but it seems like a great place to be in
Alright
I'm just wondering if other people out there have experienced this too. Last night I saw "3" four-kinds at the table I was playing at in 1 hr ($25 Buy-In Pot Limit Hold'em). The odds of getting a 4-Kind are ~ 4100 to 1 and yet I see them all the time on PP. In the last week I was beaten by them twice with a boat (on the river ).

Moreso, I busted out tonight< $270 worth in 2.5 hrs playing only AA, AK, AQ, AJ, A10, KQ, KJ, K10, JJ, K or A-high suited, a few small pocket pairs and a few suited connectors. I lost with flopping a set or trips 6 out of 5 times...and maybe all but once or twice I lost everytime I had big cards. The only time I limped in with big cards was AA heads up at a 4 person $50 NL table. The guy hit a pair of sevens and I moved all in...he called and tripped out. That was the last of my bankroll.

I noticed that for the first week that I was at Party Poker, I was winning like crazy and seldomly getting rivered. But in the last week every day was an uphill battle. I'd get big pocket pairs like Q's or K's and loose and maybe break even after 5hrs of play. Tonight was the worst...it was all downhill. I got tons of preflop hands listed above and raised preflop and never hit a flop....talk about bad beats. Anybody else have this type of experience???

Comments

• There has been a lot of discussion on this in the past. For me personally I have rarely seen a four of a kind on Party Poker. Although I don't play there very often. Search this forum and you'll find more in depth discussions. Basically you'll find this:

It happens.

With the high amount of hands that you see you're more likely to see bad beats and really good hands.

People always tend to remember the really bad beats and good hands and not the large amounts of marginal hands that occur in between.

Internet Poker is rigged to increase the rake. Believe what you want to believe.

For me, it just happens and I move on. I have also got a few cards on the river that allowed me to be on the good end of a bad beat. Not as often but it still has happens.
  • tompas wrote:
    I lost with flopping a set or trips 6 out of 5 times...

now that is hard to do?

There has been so much discussion on if sites are rigged, etc......my opinion, no, they are not. You play such a high volume of hands you're bound to see these things....and bad beats happen. I can honestly say I have not seen anything happen online that hasn't happen playing face to face.......well expect for the very rare play where Wolffhound took me out of a MTT the other night.....it's ALWAYS the other way around!!!

:D
  • I lost with flopping a set or trips 6 out of 5 times...

This statistical evidence that online poker is rigged is about as good as any I've seen so far. ;)

People who believe that online poker is rigged will probably not be convinced otherwise.

People who believe that online poker is not rigged will probably not be convinced otherwise.

There are no bad beats.

ScottyZ
  • What limit are you playing? I know you said you were playing $25 Buy-In Pot Limit Hold'em but do you play that all the time?
    tompas wrote:

Moreso, I busted out tonight< $270 worth in 2.5 hrs playing only AA, AK, AQ, AJ, A10, KQ, KJ, K10, JJ, K or A-high suited, a few small pocket pairs and a few suited connectors.

Saying that makes me think that you may be playing too many hands and are not taking into consideration your postion. Are you raising these always pre-flop? If so how much?