NEWB Wins WSOP 7 Card Stud Event!

Any big NL HE MTT Player on Stars knows or heard of Johnny Bax. 2 Days ago on CardPlayer, He was interviewed by Rich and said that he unless he gets some quick lessons on how to play 7 card stud, he would be skipping it and playing in the $2000 NLHE Event the next day after.

Well, what do you know, he got 4 5 minute lessons from GANK, Scott Fischman, SDouble (JOSH) and some guy names Gigabyte and made it through the first day.

Going into day 2, he amassed a stack worth of 2nd chip position at the final table. He then pummelled the table from beginning to end. Him and Kirill (dblgutshot on PS) and runner up to Goering in 25K WPT Bellagio event went into the finals 1 and 2 and eventually faced heads up. Bax (Cliff Josephy) had the 7:1 chip lead (600K vs 80K) and eventually took down the title without much of a fuss. I guess all you need is the poker instincts and you'll go far.

Funny Note: During the final table, Bax was seen running from the area note once, but twice. People thought he may have had a family emergency. But no, the food he ate before the final table was giving him some stomach problems.

Me and a friend were reading the live updates while playing out online multi. I must say, I am in awe of this guy. He's also the number 1 ranked player on www.pocketfives.com

Comments

• In 9th place was former tennis pro Evgeny Kafelnikov...was as high as #3 in the world at one point.

Bill