deja vu - Aruba sat

Wow, can't believe I'm playing for the Aruba trip, again. lol Last years hard fought 31st, when Aruba entries paid to 9th, still haunts me. lol

This Aruba WPT Qualifier is Monday night (lucky 13) at 9:30 EST on UB. My nick there is X15.

Also caught some major cards in last 1 to 1.5 hours. AA KK QQ AKo, and some of them more than once. hehe The rush seemed to last about an hour. lol Final two tables I went into rock mode to protect the stack. (only playing very good cards) I knew a few of these loose cannons would go off by themselves. They did. I'd played earlier tables with a bunch of them and knew who to avoid. The $320 won't be quite as easy. lol But they are the ones who have to fear the beaver! :)
Quick, I need a beaver to stroke before Monday. lmao

Comments

• Good luck DJP... that Aruba trip would be sweeeeeeeet.
  • Yeah it would be. Maybe some beaver will rub against me before then, for luck.

At least it's at night. I have a mental edge at night. Better concentration etc. I am definitely NOT a morning person. lol
  • Ladies and gentlemen, and all the rest of you. lol It's less than an hour to post time. If you're bored, or tired of playing, or want to watch someone else lose for a change.......

Tonite 9:30 EST on UB
    Aruba Qualifier $320 rebuy
    (starting table, Mon930pmAruba-005)

My nic is X15

PS, since it's a rebuy, I gotta watch my azz for the first hour. I have no rebuys or addons planned. Bound to be a crazy player or two entered. Hopefully it's just rich weak fish. Yeah, in my dreams.

PPS, Fear the beaver!
  • If anyone has questions during game post em here. I'll get to em when I can.

If anyone spots any pro's at my table, please say so. lol
  • good luck
  • tx hork

PS, I also noticed it's not a rebuy. Tight table so far, but I'm gettin crap too. Patience......
  • The big hand I folded was A 10. Board was 7? 10 A, rainbow. I checked the flop. Turn was Q. I checked it, waited for raises, then reraised for $600. The guy that went allin shocked me. At first i thought steal. Then I realized AQ beat me, QQ beat me, 10 10 beat me, 7 7 beat me, and KJ beat me. Wasn't willing to find out. Hard to say.........Tough fold.
  • just opened up your table - am watching on and off

Better to fold that hand than lose the potential to take it all back later, right?
  • Thanks I needed some moral support. Not sure now if selective aggression is in order, or patience. Or both.
  • right now, i would personally say both leaning strongly towards patience - now that is just based on stack sizes in comparision to yours. I have seen maybe 4 hands played.

30-60 blinds - take your time...
  • I had the JKd there for real. lol Back to 2005. hmmmmmm 2005, an omen.....
  • I hate to give away secrets, but my usual pattern is to establish myself as a limper with BIG hands. It throws them off to a degree. Buys me some respect later usually too. Get into some flops with weaker hands cheap. ;)
  • dont worry - i wont tell a soul (but ill keep a mental note) :D
  • That hand NDOG folded and showed his AK, I also folded AK preflop. ;) A bad feeling.......

PS, 88, but you have to guess which hands are weak bud. That's the catch.
  • Boy do i need a run of cards.....getting crap.

Yet I remain confident. lol
  • ...probably the ones you fold preflop

hahaha i am zzzooo funny!
  • I'm pissed. Went with pot odds. Had to make a move eventually. 1335 ain't much of a threat.
  • wow!

that hand wouldve played exactly the same way even if you had not gone all in preflop. I wouldve done the same.
  • It's like the CPU just wasn't my friend. I got a river of 83 72 94 etc.

My move on pot odds, should have been the hand I had A4d, and folded to a raise and reraise ahead of me. One guy had AA, One guy had AK. The flop i would have caught was 235. Ce la vie
  • Thanks for watchin all. I'm not gonna waste this adrenalin. lol Time to go play another sat while I'm still hungry. Back later.
  • but then you would have been one of THOSE players (j/k) - i thought that hand you might have won - usually the last one to fold to a raise and re-raise wouldve won (I have lived it many many times)

The last hand you played, you had a good pocket hand, a great flop, a miracle turn but he had the hand that could beat you... that's poker.

You'll make it to the cruise soon!  Just don't give up.
  • I'm commiserating on Stars. lol (djep)
  • Mental note to self. Never play on the 13th again.
  • My tip about slow play strategy, is one of a few weapons I try to use. Obviously not going to reveal them all. ;)

If they see you slow play flushes, underplay big pairs, or AK, then overplay them, then overbet small pairs, then limp in with them, etc...

It tells them you could literally be holding anything anytime you are in a hand. It's a great impression to leave them with. lol Of course it helps to be at one table for awhile too.

Maybe next year.
  • Oh yeah. Before you listen to any of my advice, I'm just another guy with a day job playing poker for kicks. heh