party poker's cancellation policy

i'm playing a $55 single at party.I have 2100 in chips which is 2nd.leader has about 2200.2 players out a few guys with 300 or less and rest around 800.site crashes say tournament cancelled.they split the money evenly between the 8 players left which i thought was bs

Comments

• Why do you think it is BS? I know my self I have personally come back and won with about the amount of chips the short stacks had. It seems pretty fair to me.
  • What should they have done then?

it is more trouble than you think to reprogram a tournament with exact amounts and reschedule it than to refund money to those still in and let them play again.
  • the correct move would to pay the chip leader 1st. 2nd chip leader 2nd and 3rd chip leader 3rd.and refund the other 5 guys $55
  • How is that fair?

The only logical thing they could have done is cancel and refund everyone.
  • anytime you guys want to give me $2200 and you start with $800 blinds 200/400 let me know.I think i may get rich fast.
  • I am sure you may have a different opinion if you were one of the short stacks.

If I were in the tournament that would be my solution. They need to be fair to all.

At 800 chips, on all in move would have a huge difference. So I can understand their ruling.
  • Hawk,

You are forgetting about economies of scale. While I still disagree with you about what the correct move is, I maintain that Party could never take the time to reprogram any game in which there was a problem. They are far too big for that. The only logical thing they can do to keep thinge running smoothly is what they did.

Maybe if this were a higher profile tourney with a much bigger prize pool they may take a different approach, but remember that their job is running a smooth operation.

Besides, you MUST have won at least 4 other tournaments since this happened, right?
  • The Hawk wrote:
    the correct move would to pay the chip leader 1st. 2nd chip leader 2nd and 3rd chip leader 3rd.and refund the other 5 guys $55

Um....where is all this money coming from? You really think that PartyPoker is going to fork out $500 because of a table crash? Maybe I'm reading wrong but if 5 people are getting $55 refunded, what exactly does 1st, 2nd, 3rd receive?
  • if i was the short stack would be like finding $55 in your jeans that wasn't there bonus.
  • They should also refund the rake to the survivors since they haven't provided the service you paid for. If they wanted to be nice about it, they would dip into their pockets and top up the leaders as a form of apology. I don't think they should pay all of first, second, etc cause you haven't earned it but you should get something.
  • Gotta agree with pkrface on the rake refund, if you had only two people out, you played for what? like 20 mins? They should definitely gotta give it back for your trouble....
  • the 8 remaining players got the $5 rake back but they 2 players that lost they keep there $10
  • Ya I'm ok with that. Those players got their money's worth. Party can keep the rake from the guys who bust out.

It's not such a terrible deal you got. How many times do you see the chip leader bust out before the money. It is very hard to tell where someone might finish at an early stage of the tourney. It's frustrating as hell when the site crashes on you but as long as it doesn't happen too often, you kinda have to accept it. It used to happen all the time on Pacific so I started playing more at Pokerstars. But Pokerstars is rigged :D so I've been playing more at Pacific again. I haven't noticed a crash in a long time.