Accidental calls?

I just called an all in by accident with 5/4 unsuited. I was just about to check off fold box so it would fold my turn came when someone before me quickly went all in and i ended up pressing call button. Guy who went all in had KK and someone else caught an A. :'(

at least it was not a big tourney...just a $10 buy in....i was doing pretty good thats the part that sucks. It's not the first time this happened though but first time with this outcome.

Comments

• I have done that before, when I first started. I don't use the pre-action buttons anymore, except under certain circumstances, because A) you could press the incorrect button, costing you $$$, and B) you can give off timing tells if you always use them, once you stop people can get cautious.

Obviously the circumstances I do use them in are when I want to send false tells... but even than, I won't use them unless I am up against someone who I think will actually percieve it...
  • It's happened to me before, but never for an all in. I'm usually very careful now about hitting them, and make sure that there are still a couple people to go before I hit it.

The Poker site designers should make it so that the buttons for pre-action don't line up with the real action buttons. One of the sites (Absolute I think) uset to have pre-action buttons that were in a different order than the action buttons. Thus, if your timing was off on folding, you could actually call, and visa-versa. Needless to say they got some nasty E-mails about that, and it was fixed pretty quickly.

Sorry about the bad luck...
  • MDStorey wrote:
    I have done that before, when I first started.  I don't use the pre-action buttons anymore, except under certain circumstances, because A) you could press the incorrect button, costing you $$$, and B) you can give off timing tells if you always use them, once you stop people can get cautious.

I've done this before too, and I think this is good advice online..not using the pre-action buttons. I only use them when folding as I believe you can give or pick up slight tells. When playing multiple tables you have to be careful where you click as well!!! I've folded good hands or called when I didn't want to just trying to get to that third table that is covered by two others...doh!!!! :D
  • Yuck, horrible way to bust out! But imagine the shit storm you would have started had you taken down the hand calling an all in with 45o!
  • I have done that too, and I never touch the precall buttons anymore for that reason. Another thing I have stopped doing is the ingame chat while playing a hand. I have inadvertantly folded a good hand because I was typing something in the chat box and I hit the fold key, or I have raised with a crap hand etc.. :rage:
  • I just called an all in by accident with 5/4 unsuited.

Your bad luck was that it occured in a tournament and not a cash game...

You coulda made a killing on all your monsters after that image play..
  • MDSGuy wrote:
    I have done that too, and I never touch the precall buttons anymore for that reason. Another thing I have stopped doing is the ingame chat while playing a hand. I have inadvertantly folded a good hand because I was typing something in the chat box and I hit the fold key, or I have raised with a crap hand etc.. :rage:

i did this at the Pacific Poker $1 Million Guarantee, i accidently raised someone's all in with 69o because i was typing in chat box, thankfully i broke even in the hand when the board had a 10 J Q K on it and the other guy that called had no A.
  • Sometimes when Multi-Tasking, the poker room will pop up, and I've had several experiences calling all in bets when trying to click on a link on a webpage. I try to off-center the poker room window so that the buttons are right at the bottom.